New Kiesel Models 2017

• Thread starter dmlinger
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
^ and both of those look like upside down Mockingbirds. Neither really looks like the Carvin to me, though.

Stevexc bringing the lols.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

sloanthebone

I power the chords
Reaction score
Siggi Braun as well.

eeb848199d457b5913a1ae5909a0db0f.jpg

Thats a cool looking guitar.

Dabo Fett

Reaction score
I think a vanquish guitar could be pretty cool, but it would have to be all out to do it right, I.e 7-8 string, fan fret, etc. I don't think a standard 6 string vanquish guitar is going to sell at all. I don't get the need for this piece by piece reveal when it's a shape they already did and very few asked for. The Vader reveal I got since it was almost entirely new, keeping in mind they did headless with the holdsworth.

But the bevels need to stop.

laxu

Reaction score
The K inlay isn't mandatory on any of their guitars. All can be ordered with any of their available inlay options. I think the K inlay is terrible as well.

Yeah. It is a bit silly that some of the logo options are extra when given the choice people would probably opt for no logo at all.

insaneshawnlane

Reaction score
:yesway:

I've had some measurable GAS for a Vanquish-style guitar so I'm pretty happy with what has been revealed thus far. I'm pretty certain I'm one of the few who is actually excited for this

The top thing is interesting though. I can't picture how they're gonna do a multi-wood top and make it look good but it's still cool that they're adding more options.

Speaking of more options, when are they going to offer wenge as a neck/fretboard wood?!? That'll be the nail in the coffin for my bank account :lol:

Chokey Chicken

mouth breather
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure jeff said he has no desire to work with wenge. Might have been a different type of wood though that i can't recall. Whatever wood it was, he kind of smugly dismissed though.

An explorer is something else he said was not going to happen unless an artist he really liked really wanted one. Something along the lines of wanting to "do something unique." Which i guess just translates into a million different double cuts/super strats with retarded asymmetrical bevels and .... ugly color choices and ugly contrast. For real, most of the guitars/basses with weird bevels look like trash with tops. Especially with the non-painted binding.

I'm still hoping that there's something unique about this one aside from just being a vanquish guitar. The vader was really cool, and even a solid colored aries is neat. (and both are offered in fanned fret variations, which was absolutely new and cool to see.) If this is just another sort of melty, different-but-same concoction, I have no interest at all.

jc986

Tone Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are doing wenge now, at least for tops. There's one in the in-stock section right now, and Mike Jones mentioned in their FB group that they have more wenge available for tops. Whether they would accommodate wenge for a neck or fretboard I don't know.

getowned7474

Neck_Pro
Reaction score
16111028_649582778579433_6646016077249642496_n.jpg

Looks like they are just photoshopping different guitars of the new model together. I was a bit a worried by the different top woods yesterday. The upper horn looks similar to the vanquish unfortunately . If the upper horn was smaller and angled inward a little more I think it would look cool.

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
Ok, I'm sure it's just a photoshop mash of different guitars, but it's much for fun to think of this as one real guitar that is Kiesel's ultimate expression of his vision.

runbirdman

Lackawanna County Volunteer Sheriff's Deputy
Reaction score
I'm gonna withold judgement until the full picture is released. I'm on the fence on whether the Vanquish body will fit a guitar well. I have hated a lot of what Jeff has put his thumb on (I.e. bevels and gaudy finishes), but it never hurts to have more distinct body shapes to choose from.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Another headless option? It doesn't look like there's enough room in the photo for a full sized lower bout. Unless the above photo is cropped on the back end?

mnemonic

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Bleh.

I don't think bass shapes make very good looking guitars, or vice versa. Proportions usually end up looking all wrong.

I wish they would just outsource one guitar design, have a good graphic designer or guitar designer make one. The dude from Decibel could design a mean looking guitar, he just couldn't build one. Maybe he should sell his designs to Carvin.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Bleh.

I don't think bass shapes make very good looking guitars, or vice versa. Proportions usually end up looking all wrong.

I wish they would just outsource one guitar design, have a good graphic designer or guitar designer make one. The dude from Decibel could design a mean looking guitar, he just couldn't build one. Maybe he should sell his designs to Carvin.

Yeah, can you imagine if they had Skervesen or Padalka design a guitar? They'd get a million sales. From me alone!

xwmucradiox

sweep.tap.sweep
Reaction score
Another headless option? It doesn't look like there's enough room in the photo for a full sized lower bout. Unless the above photo is cropped on the back end?

The logo is cropped half out of the photo so Im sure there is more on both ends.

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
16111028_649582778579433_6646016077249642496_n.jpg

Looks like they are just photoshopping different guitars of the new model together. I was a bit a worried by the different top woods yesterday. The upper horn looks similar to the vanquish unfortunately . If the upper horn was smaller and angled inward a little more I think it would look cool.

But we can all agree that there's a part of us wondering if certain people at the company might not dream this this mash up was one guitar. :lol:

BouhZik

Reaction score
I don't see any of their existing guitar headstock with that body shape

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
You never know, guys. They might be taking a page out of Sandberg's book.

bass-guitars-sandberg-tm5-customshop-patchwork-1.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

')