New Korn signature 7 string for 2014?

• Thread starter 27InchScale
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Which model/models would you buy?

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ZXIIIT

XIII
Reaction score
Munky's current "Universe throwback" guitar has an old school neck joint, maybe that will be on his new signature?
1394781_10151987410190761_728419830_n.jpg

toiletstand

/\'...'/\
Reaction score
is that a new guitar? i thought it was his old universe thats fallen apart and been put back together a few dozen times haha

ZXIIIT

XIII
Reaction score
is that a new guitar? i thought it was his old universe thats fallen apart and been put back together a few dozen times haha

From the looks of it, it could be, but with a new neck? or it could be a LACS in the style of the old Universe guitars.

Both Head & Munky have said to be getting new signatures, Munky tweeted about his way before Head re-joined.

Ammusa

Reaction score
I can't wait! I had the Apex 100, and it's the only axe I deeply regred of selling it. First I was affraid they would relaunch the K7, but as I read the interview, I think it's not going to be it. Never liked the inlay...

toiletstand

/\'...'/\
Reaction score
it did look a bit different at the show on saturday. the headstock had like polkadots or something? I cant really tell.

But i definitely wouldnt mind owning an Apex 100. Thats my favorite sig theyve put out to date.

Forkface

Feast on this.
Reaction score
it did look a bit different at the show on saturday. the headstock had like polkadots or something? I cant really tell.

But i definitely wouldnt mind owning an Apex 100. Thats my favorite sig theyve put out to date.

I was there too :) Also, I could swear that Head's RGD looked longer than 25.5-inch scale, but I can't be sure... and I'll be seriously bummed if his sig is an RGD w/o the 26.5 scale :(

Also, even if it's kinda unrelated to the OP, I would like to throw it out there:
If you get a chance to see Korn live in the upcoming months, do yourself a favor and go, fvcking show was amazing and they played flawlessly.
1390766_529666013783636_1008668051_n.jpg

Reaction score
A friend of mine brought up a very valid point about this the other day. Head has his other band Love and Death. I think it is likely that if Ibanez works with him to do a signature model it'll be within the context of him playing for both bands. So perhaps there won't be a a K7 revival exactly but we'll get a whole new line for Head. Munky has the Apex series and Head will have another series. I'd say for continuity, they'll probably have a 6 and 7 RGD for him.

The real killer move IMO would be to have there signature models be their signature models but revamp the Apex 2 and make a mid range Head model... then BAM K7 tribute/revival with affordable price tag. Ibanez did that whole anniversary revival thing with a whole bunch of mid range stuff, it'd be a great thing if they made affordable K7s (as new Apex 2 model and similar Head model) to coincide with the 20th anniversary of the self-titled KoRn album debut.

Man, I can sure dream that Ibanez has that in their marketing scheme ideas.
Munky series - Signature model (artist choice) + affordable model (new apex K7 tribute)
Head series - Signature model (artist choice) + affordable model (new K7 tribute)

ZXIIIT

XIII
Reaction score
Head said in a recent interview that his signature will be 25.5" RGD shaped with the splatter paint.

jwade

Doooooooooom
Reaction score
Can you provide a source for that? So far, the only information is from a rough translation of a non-english magazine interview which he didn't specifically say the scale, only said 'sort of baritone scale' (IE 26.5 like ALL RGD guitars have been).

ZXIIIT

XIII
Reaction score
Can you provide a source for that? So far, the only information is from a rough translation of a non-english magazine interview which he didn't specifically say the scale, only said 'sort of baritone scale' (IE 26.5 like ALL RGD guitars have been).

1374469_10151621068335887_1603566989_n.jpg

nerdywhale

Reaction score
Curious... In the above article, Munky says it has a "slightly longer scale", but the "Path of Tonality" box states 25.5"...?

Head's custom is 26.5", but the production model will be 25.5"?

jwade

Doooooooooom
Reaction score
yeah Brian is the least technically-oriented guy in the band, I'd trust Munky's word over his in regards to gear. It wouldn't make sense for Ibanez to change the scale length when the 26.5 scale is the specific reason for that line to begin with.

ZXIIIT

XIII
Reaction score
It means that they uses Head's LACS RGD 26.5" guitar, but maybe for consistency with the KoRn signature model lineup, Ibanez changed the scale to 25.5"?

We'll know for sure closer to NAMM.

Felvin

Friesian Hamburger
Reaction score
Hm. I'd like a 25.5 hardtail prestige 7 and right now there are exactly 0 available outside of Japan. :)

Oh, and I like basswood. And rosewood.

*runs for cover*

toiletstand

/\'...'/\
Reaction score
well maybe the reason theyre releasing it in 25.5 is so it wont eat into the other 26.5 RGD sales?

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
well maybe the reason theyre releasing it in 25.5 is so it wont eat into the other 26.5 RGD sales?

I don't see how it would. If this'll be priced like the other sigs, this will be in a different price bracket. The RGD Prestiges are $1300 - $1600, while the sigs are usually $2000 - $3500.

Plus, how would releasing it eat into their own sales?

Latest posts

')