New Korn signature 7 string for 2014?

• Thread starter 27InchScale
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Which model/models would you buy?

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JPhoenix19

Playing life by ear
Reaction score
That Gibraltar look a little different. It looks like the sides are lower like the 8-string version seen on the Iron Labels.

EDIT: Or are my eyes decieving me... I can't tell!

ZXIIIT

XIII
Reaction score
That Gibraltar look a little different. It looks like the sides are lower like the 8-string version seen on the Iron Labels.

EDIT: Or are my eyes decieving me... I can't tell!

That's the 2nd version of the bridge, RG7321s & Iceman 7s also have it.

JPhoenix19

Playing life by ear
Reaction score
That's the 2nd version of the bridge, RG7321s & Iceman 7s also have it.

Not from anything I've seen. :scratch:

At any rate, even if it's new I'd hope one would be able to swap the bridge on that Munky Sig with the bridge from, say an RGD7421! That's make my day!

tommychains

That Guy
Reaction score
I was saying since I saw them back in september that it would be a great signature model. Loved it when I saw him play it. Do want.

JPhoenix19

Playing life by ear
Reaction score
Seems like 26.5" scale with the spacing between the bridge and the pickup. Hmmmm

Bigredjm15

Reaction score
Interesting that Head uses a 74 on the 7th string. Whole lot heavier gauge then I thought

ZXIIIT

XIII
Reaction score
Not from anything I've seen. :scratch:

At any rate, even if it's new I'd hope one would be able to swap the bridge on that Munky Sig with the bridge from, say an RGD7421! That's make my day!

That's weird, I could've sworn I saw the 2nd version of that bridge on one of those guitars :eek:

Either way, it looks to be swappable with some slight work :cool:

simonXsludge

(((Ω)))
Reaction score
Head's RGD sig looks killer. Kinda GASin' for it, although I already have an RGD2127FX. But I like the finish on it and hope the inlays are gonna be the same, those look killer. Munky's new Apex looks too cheap to me... would have been cooler with a maple fretboard against that maple headstock. Now it just looks like a clusterfvck, to me anyways.

UV7BK4LIFE

Schecter A7 addict
Reaction score
Munkys flat black Apex is coming out as a sig:

Great video, and I had a laugh at 3:05 where he says that other companies are copying the volute in the neck of his Ibanez. I have '99 and '03 Schecters and ESP's that have a volute when Ibanez used only a scarf joint for neck reinforcement at the headstock of the UV's. :lol: If only Ibanez would stop drilling screw holes in their headstock joints...

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Wow...his UV7PWH went through a lot. I remember when I first saw them live back in early '97, he was using that guitar. It had duct tape on it back then too I believe. That was an interesting video. It's just goes to show that holding onto your first 7 means a lot. I still have mine after 15 years. :yesway:

Ben.Last

Formerly Lern2Swim
Reaction score
Instagram

I don't know how to link an image directly from Instagram, but Munky just posted a blurry "sneak peek" of what I'm assuming is the new sig.

Since it got posted in conjunction with a bunch of stuff about them filming a video for Spike in my Veins, I'd assume he's going to be using it in the video.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I cant reveal anything officially yet, but its looking like one of these will be a MIJ model and the other a MII model. Honestly though, after getting in a bunch of the Indonesian UV70Ps and Premiums this year, I don't think that is necessarily a bad thing. With a proper thorough setup those things play great. I for example sand down the necks on the Iron labels so they feel smooth like the Prestiges, vs the cheap feel they have out of the box. Plus lets face it guys, not many people could afford the APEX100 or JEM7V7 anyways based on 2013 sales figures.

jeleopard

Reaction score
I cant reveal anything officially yet, but its looking like one of these will be a MIJ model and the other a MII model. Honestly though, after getting in a bunch of the Indonesian UV70Ps and Premiums this year, I don't think that is necessarily a bad thing. With a proper thorough setup those things play great. I for example sand down the necks on the Iron labels so they feel smooth like the Prestiges, vs the cheap feel they have out of the box. Plus lets face it guys, not many people could afford the APEX100 or JEM7V7 anyways based on 2013 sales figures.

You're saying like Munky will get a Japanese and Head will get an Indonesian? (or vice versa)

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score

I hope that the Head sig is the MIJ. Im imagining thats what they are gonna do. It has that tricky finish which is one of the coolest non trans finishes Ive ever seen, and he sort of "deserves" the Prestige build since he hasn't had a sig in a while. After the 2013 sales figures it would only make sense to make the Apex a non Prestige if one of them wont be a Prestige that is. Im gonna say that its pretty obvious that the Munky sig will be Indo and the Head sig will be Prestige. But I could be wrong.

')