New Korn signature 7 string for 2014?

• Thread starter 27InchScale
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Which model/models would you buy?

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

tommychains

That Guy
Reaction score
Hey, just wanted to add to the conversation

During both Love and Death and Korn's set, I saw head using an ibanez with a black paint job with red crackles in it, think desert wasteland.

Any ideas?

UV7BK4LIFE

Schecter A7 addict
Reaction score
Rumour has it that there will be a Korn 9 string, called the K-9. To make sure it lives up to it's name, it will have so called "dogtooth inlays". I have not found any pictures yet but it's gonna look awesome fo sho. Munky and Head are still negotiating with Dimarzio for a 9 string dogear P90 in the neck position.

There will also be a limited edition Korn sig, the "Special K". It is a 7 string version of this:
number20.jpg

Chris O

Not The Dude...
Reaction score
Hey, just wanted to add to the conversation

During both Love and Death and Korn's set, I saw head using an ibanez with a black paint job with red crackles in it, think desert wasteland.

Any ideas?

He's using a custom RGD 6'er.

Chris O

Not The Dude...
Reaction score
I'd be more than happy with a hard tail RGD like the one Head's touring with. Glad he's back!

jwade

Doooooooooom
Reaction score
Looks like he's a big fan of paint-splattered RGD7s. Can't see it selling as a sig though.

976143_10151666913815761_1052680983_o.jpg

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
So like, I know this is a dumb question maybe, and I've been wondering this since forever ago but I only registered recently so now I can finally ask:

There's no way KoRn can be THAT popular around here, but the K-7 seems to get a more than reasonable amount of praise. I'm sure it's not a bad guitar, but doesn't it bother you that it's a signature for the guitarist of Korn? Like, even if it is a BA guitar I'd feel a little goofy playing one just because I think Korn is pretty lame (yes this is just my opinion but for whatever reason I assume it's a relatively accepted one; I'm not trying to make anyone upset). Do you guys just really like Korn? Or is the guitar good enough that you don't care how sophomoric the music is?

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Do you guys just really like Korn? Or is the guitar good enough that you don't care how sophomoric the music is?

Yes, there are people here that actually like Korn. I like Korn, but I'm not a fanatic about it. Not everyone shares your opinion.

I rather have a single inlay at the 12th fret than century old, plain dots.

Like this opinion I don't agree with at all. :rofl:

And yes, from what I've seen, the Apex/K-series guitars are supposed to be really good instruments, and are also one of the few RG's that have a body made of something besides basswood.

Toxin

no, i don't drink vodka
Reaction score
am i the only one who sees Head lacs's lower horn a bit shorter and beefier than the usual rgd?

JaeSwift

Of Blood and Sawdust
Reaction score
So like, I know this is a dumb question maybe, and I've been wondering this since forever ago but I only registered recently so now I can finally ask:

There's no way KoRn can be THAT popular around here, but the K-7 seems to get a more than reasonable amount of praise. I'm sure it's not a bad guitar, but doesn't it bother you that it's a signature for the guitarist of Korn? Like, even if it is a BA guitar I'd feel a little goofy playing one just because I think Korn is pretty lame (yes this is just my opinion but for whatever reason I assume it's a relatively accepted one; I'm not trying to make anyone upset). Do you guys just really like Korn? Or is the guitar good enough that you don't care how sophomoric the music is?

I think that, regardless of which way you look at it, without KoRn, 7 strings would never have reached mass popularity in the beginning. Even if you don't like their music you have to at least give them respect for that, which is why it never bothered me to have ''K-7'' on my fretboard back when I had one in FSB.

They're too much of a ''love to hate'' band these days IMO.

27InchScale

Contributor
Reaction score
I think that, regardless of which way you look at it, without KoRn, 7 strings would never have reached mass popularity in the beginning. Even if you don't like their music you have to at least give them respect for that, which is why it never bothered me to have ''K-7'' on my fretboard back when I had one in FSB.

They're too much of a ''love to hate'' band these days IMO.

I would say my K7 is on the same level if not better than my UV7PWH. But the mahogany is more to my taste tho. But they are of the same quality, fit and finish. The uv has my k7 on the neck tho, cant beat that thin, fast neck! I have always liked korn, up to take a look in the mirror. But the guitar is perfect for all kinds of metal, and has been prooven to last and perform. Isnt that what we all want out of our instruments?

WhoThenNow7

Reaction score
I would love another korn sig aimed more towards head. I love my k-7 and I already know I'd be one of the first to get the new one haha.

Heavy Ed

singlecoil goodness
Reaction score

Whether you like KoRn or not you can't deny they were very popular. I'm also willing to bet more than a few people here were starting to play guitar when KoRn were at the height of their popularity. Regardless of what you think of the artist, Sig models are some of the best guitars Ibanez produce. I've never been a fan of KoRn, don't own any of their albums but I do own a K-7 and its one of my 3 best guitars along with my 2 UVs (also sig models). I wasn't fond of the K-7 on the fretboard but got over quickly after playing the guitar. The MTM1 (Mick Thompson sig) has that ugly ass SEVEN on the fretboard but I won't hesitate to pick one up if I get the chance.:lol:

')