New Korn signature 7 string for 2014?

• Thread starter 27InchScale
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Which model/models would you buy?

• Total voters

Chi

Niverlare
Reaction score
People still hate on bands? Oh well. Sure, that's coming from uber Korn fan, might look like I'm defending them and whatever, but seriously, either you listen to them or you don't - it's that simple.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SoItGoesRVA

Do You Even Riff?
Reaction score
And you all laughed when I started this same thread a while back...
:fawk:

Honestly would love another RGD 7 on the market. Here's hoping for no gaudy inlays...

27InchScale

Contributor
Reaction score
I would love another korn sig aimed more towards head. I love my k-7 and I already know I'd be one of the first to get the new one haha.

And you all laughed when I started this same thread a while back...
:fawk:

Honestly would love another RGD 7 on the market. Here's hoping for no gaudy inlays...

I didnt kno u already had a thread on this, my bad just trying to see what everyones thoughts are on this. Kinda surprised with all the controversy on this subject. I personally like the inlay, but korn is the reason I started playing ibby 7s in the first place tho.lol i wouldnt change my K7BG at all, stock is perfect for my needs and taste. Now thats not to say if they released a new sig wo the inlay, i would love that.

SoItGoesRVA

Do You Even Riff?
Reaction score
I didnt kno u already had a thread on this, my bad just trying to see what everyones thoughts are on this.

No worries, the thread got locked because I was speculating (it's true :rolleyes:).

But it's cool for everyone else to do. :rofl:

tommychains

That Guy
Reaction score
you talked about a 'desert wasteland' cracked finish. that's not a vaguely accurate description. it just looks like blood splattered on an rgd.

Sorry, upon really looking at it I guess I may have described it wrong. I was right in front of Munky during korns's set, but I saw head up close during love and death's set. I guess with all the lights, my eyes weren't 100%. My apologies :ugh:

Triple7

The Decepticon
Reaction score
Korn is definitely the reason I started playing 7-strings, and Ibanez for that matter. I remember getting my first 7, an RG7420 that I still own, and playing riffs from the first two albums all day.

I personally love the K7 inlay. A firespeak blue K7 is a guitar I hope to someday own. I'm not a trem player, but I'd make an exception for that guitar.

I'd love to see a new Head sig. I really dug Munky's last one as well, that sexy sunburst model.

jwade

Doooooooooom
Reaction score
Sorry, upon really looking at it I guess I may have described it wrong. I was right in front of Munky during korns's set, but I saw head up close during love and death's set. I guess with being really lit, my eyes weren't 100%. My apologies :ugh:

fixed :p

your idea would be killer though, all crackled and shit. kind of a new take on that weird biker leather finish from the Apex.

Matt_D_

Reaction score
watching the rock am ring video, head's using a LACS RGD with a hipshot bridge.....

GiantBaba

omnicidal godmachine
Contributor
Reaction score
People still hate on bands? Oh well. Sure, that's coming from uber Korn fan, might look like I'm defending them and whatever, but seriously, either you listen to them or you don't - it's that simple.

There will always be teenagers, and grown people with the mentality of teenagers.

jwade

Doooooooooom
Reaction score
I find it interesting that Brian is playing fixed bridge RGD7s. Didn't both he and James normally have trems?

SkullCrusher

Reaction score
When I saw korn at download, head had an RGD body with 25.5 scale neck, it had a hipshot chrome bridge. In like a black with red spider web finish

Esp Griffyn

Play more music
Reaction score
So like, I know this is a dumb question maybe, and I've been wondering this since forever ago but I only registered recently so now I can finally ask:

There's no way KoRn can be THAT popular around here, but the K-7 seems to get a more than reasonable amount of praise. I'm sure it's not a bad guitar, but doesn't it bother you that it's a signature for the guitarist of Korn? Like, even if it is a BA guitar I'd feel a little goofy playing one just because I think Korn is pretty lame (yes this is just my opinion but for whatever reason I assume it's a relatively accepted one; I'm not trying to make anyone upset). Do you guys just really like Korn? Or is the guitar good enough that you don't care how sophomoric the music is?

Regardless of whether you like Korn or not, take a look at the K-7 for what it is. A mahogany bodied 7 string, crafted in Japan Prestige model, with a unique and widely regarded as stellar neck profile, a unique bridge that had not been seen on any Ibanez before it and two drool-worthy finishes.

Some people like me, aren't bothered by the inlay, I don't even really see it anymore when I play mine, and those that are bothered either miss out on what is arguably the best production 7 string model that Ibanez have ever produced, or they play it and realise how stupid it is to write a guitar off because a 2"x2" piece of inlay.

Forkface

Feast on this.
Reaction score
^ GODDAMN it every time I see this thread come up again I foolishly expect official news.
oh, silly me...

Tesla

Augmented User
Reaction score
Interestingly, Head posted a couple of teaser videos for their new videoon his Instagram. Shows him using an Apex 1.

')