New Korn signature 7 string for 2014?

• Thread starter 27InchScale
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Which model/models would you buy?

• Total voters

FredRipper

Reaction score
Whatever is in the works, Im really looking forward to it.
Just got my BG K7 so I can enjoy that while waiting :).

Also you don't have to be a Korn fan to enjoy this guitar.
It just is an awesome guitar.

Personally, I liked Head's old Grey burst Ibanez
ScreenShot2013-09-23at20331PM_zps732305a0.png

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

shawnperolis

7 String Indie Game Dev
Reaction score
I'm not a Korn fan, really... But another Ibanez Signature 7 string is nothing to complain about!

shikamaru

Reaction score
I would love a revival of the K7 too. To me the Jem 7V7 is a beautiful guitar but probably too bling bling for my taste, and the colorscheme of the APEX 100 is more that of a stratocaster.

The RGD is really classy and its longer scale length would complement the signature range of ibanez very well. A metallic gray finish + a low-pro with U-bar on top of that would be killer !

Triple-J

the Experimetalist
Reaction score
the rain soaked post industrial wasteland known as
So......there's a Korn feature in this month's Total Guitar and Head & Munky confirmed that there will be a new Ibanez Korn signature next year which is going to be based on Head's black RGD with the white paint splatter which has a 26'5 scale, Fender style titanium bridge (not the gibraltar standard) and Dimarzio Paf's.

Head didn't make it clear as to whether the production model will have the same titanium bridge he uses or what finishes will be available but he did say that him & Munky aren't keen on branding it or giving a inlay cause they want it to be an affordable guitar for all 7 stringers not just Korn fans so I suspect it will have a similar price tag to the green Apex.

Korngod

i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!
Contributor
Reaction score
So......there's a Korn feature in this month's Total Guitar and Head & Munky confirmed that there will be a new Ibanez Korn signature next year which is going to be based on Head's black RGD with the white paint splatter which has a 26'5 scale, Fender style titanium bridge (not the gibraltar standard) and Dimarzio Paf's.

Head didn't make it clear as to whether the production model will have the same titanium bridge he uses or what finishes will be available but he did say that him & Munky aren't keen on branding it or giving a inlay cause they want it to be an affordable guitar for all 7 stringers not just Korn fans so I suspect it will have a similar price tag to the green Apex.

Hell yeah!! :hbang: It seems like all you have to do is watch the Korn boys for a while and see what customs they play the most frequently to find out which ones turn into the signatures... the Apex 2 being an exception.

Chris O

Not The Dude...
Reaction score
Very cool - hope it happens! I'm going to see Love & Death and Korn on Wednesday!

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
When he said "Fender-style" bridge, I was hoping for a 7-string non-locking trem. My dreams were crushed. :(

Oh well. :lol:

themike

Chug Life
Reaction score
When he said "Fender-style" bridge, I was hoping for a 7-string non-locking trem. My dreams were crushed. :(

Oh well. :lol:

Something tells me he may be sending the bridge back to Ibanez for a swap or modification. Watch the video and you'll see what I'm talking about haha

Valnob

about tree fiddy
Reaction score
Funny, I just finished read the latest Guitar Part (French magazine) and there is a big interview of Head and Munky and they talk about their next sig.

It's in french, so i'll translate the part in english :)

#Ibanez made you some new custom RGDs for this tour.

head: My a model is a baritone style 7 string (the pic is the black rgd with the white dots on the body), with a smaller neck. I started to play with a 6 string baritone, then I asked the LACS if they could make me the same in 7 string. *
And i'll give you a scoop: During the next Namm in january 2014, we will unveil each of us a new sig model to celebrate the 20 years of our first album "KoRn". We could say I came back in the band a the right time (laugh). We have our seperate models, because we don't especially like the same things on a guitar...

#How will your guitars be ? what pickups will you put in it ?

Head: Munky knows much more than me (about guitars). I never remember the details, but i will tell you how it is, I've got everything in a email (*turn on his smartphone to find the email*)

Munky: I have passive DiMarzio Blaze, i've never liked active pickups. I like analog effects and to have a warm guitar tone.

Head: are you ready ? On the RGD 7 Prestige, I have: a 24 frets 3-piece maple neck with a rosewood fretboard, the body is Basswood, with DiMarzio PAF 7.

Munky: And our guitars are equiped with a fixed titanium bridge. We used them a lot for recording, but for overdubs, I used a lot of vintage gear: telecaster, strat, les paul, hollowbodies...

That's it for the part on the sig.
Now, pics of the magazine !
(the part of the interview i translated, is in the last pic, the questions are in the bottom of the middle column and at the top of the of the right column).

1380724949-img-0476.jpg

1380724959-img-0477.jpg

1380724961-img-0478.jpg

1380724960-img-0479.jpg

Latest posts

')