New Korn signature 7 string for 2014?

• Thread starter 27InchScale
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Which model/models would you buy?

• Total voters

Chris O

Not The Dude...
Reaction score
He's been playing this, LACS RG7
korn-rock-on-the-range-2013-_3670604.jpg

Maybe a throwback to the early KoRn years?

Want to see that other RG7 Munky is playing :eek:

He played that one the majority of the night. The other hum/single flat-black RG w/pickguard was definitely a new one.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

WhoThenNow7

Reaction score

Anybody else notice how Munky changed to a blaze on his original K-7? Just goes to show the sound progression he and Korn have gone through over the years. Even Head has switched to basswood guitars. So a basswood signature would be badass.

ZXIIIT

XIII
Reaction score
Anybody else notice how Munky changed to a blaze on his original K-7? Just goes to show the sound progression he and Korn have gone through over the years. Even Head has switched to basswood guitars. So a basswood signature would be badass.

Probably wanted the UV7PWH sound again, like they had in their early years.

Chris O

Not The Dude...
Reaction score
Munky has been using the Blaze for a LONG time. I'm not sure he ever was a long-time PAF guy. I think that was more Ibanez cost-cutting - but I have no reason or proof for that beyond my own observations. That said, I prefer the PAF. I like mid-output -- keeps the mud down.

I'll take the PAF.

tommychains

That Guy
Reaction score
Saw Korn tonight. Munky was playing a flat black RG with an aluminum pick guard, hum - single, non trem, blank fretboard. Cool looking.

Brian played both the RGDs. WICKED tone. GREAT show. Had a ball. The new stuff sounded terrific.

Dude I was there! Me and my girl were in front of munky the whole time! Where were you? :lol:

When I saw that guitar for the first time, I lost it. That thing looked beastly, and I could definitely see Ibanez putting it out in his signature line in 2014. If that's the case, I may hold off on buying a used K7. Totally has the old GAS acting up! :shred:

As for Head, I'm not too sure what they would do for his signature model. When he was on stage with Love and death, he wasn't using anything different then when I met him back in May at the Wellmont Theatre. Even during Korn's set, still the same gear. Only time will tell...:agreed:

P.S. In the years since Head left, Munky uses a completely different guitar nowadays. Back in the 90's they often used very similar and sometimes the same models.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score

Most of Munkys guitars are made of alder or mahogany, not basswood. Same with Head. I think his RGD is basswood because its how it normally comes and he probably doesnt care enough to specify otherwise. I personally hope their signature models continue to be not basswood. As the owner of the Apex100 I can say that is the best sounding Korn related guitar I've ever heard, though the mahogany K7s were nice also. Nothing wrong with basswood, but the market is flooded with basswood 7s as is.

WhoThenNow7

Reaction score
Most of Munkys guitars are made of alder or mahogany, not basswood. Same with Head. I think his RGD is basswood because its how it normally comes and he probably doesnt care enough to specify otherwise. I personally hope their signature models continue to be not basswood. As the owner of the Apex100 I can say that is the best sounding Korn related guitar I've ever heard, though the mahogany K7s were nice also. Nothing wrong with basswood, but the market is flooded with basswood 7s as is.

Very true.. if by any chance it was a mahogany rgd, I wonder how that would pan out. And also, we always talk about what guitars head is using now, but does anyone know what pickups he's using now?

Bigredjm15

Reaction score
Over at Kornrow there's an article from total guitar on the new Korn sig, looks like it will be the RGD but not baritone scale, with PAF's

ZXIIIT

XIII
Reaction score
Interesting, the RGD7 used in studio is 26.5", but the signature model is 25.5"

1381028_10151621068330887_1659786669_n.jpg

Head likes Tone knobs now.

Still no pics/news about Munky's model.

Reaction score
Are you sure it isn't two volumes? For toggling on and off?

I like that guitar. Splatter finishes are awesome. It is pretty tasteful honestly, Korn has taste in guitars these days haha.

simonXsludge

(((Ω)))
Reaction score
I think when Head said "it's like a baritone but with shorter scale", he actually meant the 26.5" scale of the RGD, since an actual baritone scale starts at 27". Unless he said he is gonna get a 25.5"...?!

jeleopard

Reaction score
shitsøn;3763435 said:
I think when Head said "it's like a baritone but with shorter scale", he actually meant the 26.5" scale of the RGD, since an actual baritone scale starts at 27". Unless he said he is gonna get a 25.5"...?!

I'm almost certain that he means 25.5". I still consider 26.5" Baritone.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
If he means a 25.5'' scale, then why doesn't he just say "regular scale?" :lol:

Usually when a lot of people think "baritone", they mean 27''+, and his baritones for L&D were possibly 28'' - 30''.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Good point, but I still think it would be silly to consider a 25.5'' scale a "short scale baritone." I guess we'll wait and see within the few months if we see a release then.

')