New Korn signature 7 string for 2014?

• Thread starter 27InchScale
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Which model/models would you buy?

• Total voters

Ironside

Reaction score
As I posted a few weeks ago, the Apex20 is out. We've already sold several and they're readily available.

Was it as disappointing as the Apex 2? :lol:

In all seriousness.. The Apex 2 wasn't terrible, but it was definitely of lesser quality than I would have expected from Ibanez when I got mine.

Hopefully the Apex 20 is better? (I don't see how it would be though)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Was it as disappointing as the Apex 2? :lol:

In all seriousness.. The Apex 2 wasn't terrible, but it was definitely of lesser quality than I would have expected from Ibanez when I got mine.

Hopefully the Apex 20 is better? (I don't see how it would be though)

The Apex 20 is not like the Apex 2 at all, hate to burst your bubble. Different specs all around, nicer quality for sure. Like all Ibanez guitars in this price range, they need a very thorough setup as well, but after that the Apex20/Komrad20 are great axes.

Ironside

Reaction score
The Apex 20 is not like the Apex 2 at all, hate to burst your bubble. Different specs all around, nicer quality for sure. Like all Ibanez guitars in this price range, they need a very thorough setup as well, but after that the Apex20/Komrad20 are great axes.

Hey, burst away! I'm hoping the Apex20/Komrad20 are great!

I was considering the Apex20 as a replacement for my Apex2 until I found out the RG752LWX existed!

I'll never make the mistake of buying a non-Japanese Ibanez again though. I'm sure they're ok for some but when you've been spoiled with Prestige models, there's no going back.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Hey, burst away! I'm hoping the Apex20/Komrad20 are great!

I was considering the Apex20 as a replacement for my Apex2 until I found out the RG752LWX existed!

I'll never make the mistake of buying a non-Japanese Ibanez again though. I'm sure they're ok for some but when you've been spoiled with Prestige models, there's no going back.

Yes the Prestige models are definitely a noticeable step up in quality, but the Apex20 when properly setup/modded is really nice too. But yeah the RG752FXLW is a great axe and not much more money frankly (I think $1299 vs $899).

27InchScale

Contributor
Reaction score
So when do we find out just how limited the komrad 20 actually is?

Light121

Grond121
Reaction score
Yes the Prestige models are definitely a noticeable step up in quality, but the Apex20 when properly setup/modded is really nice too.

My Apex20 should be here today AND I'm off so hopefully I'll be able to do a nice NGD for everyone! :hbang:

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
Anyone have an Apex200 yet? I really liked the promo pics, but some of the dealer pics out now look pretty blah. But I'm hoping they have the mojo of the old square-heel UVs without 20 years of wear and tear.

WarpedX1

Reaction score
I recently contacted Headline Music (Ibanez Distributor in the UK) to see if I could get a price and date these were expected in but it looks like these aren't coming to the UK, at least for 2014 anyway.

Fingers crossed these are available to us next year.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Anyone have an Apex200 yet? I really liked the promo pics, but some of the dealer pics out now look pretty blah. But I'm hoping they have the mojo of the old square-heel UVs without 20 years of wear and tear.

Yeah we've had the APEX200 for several weeks now. I bought one for myself, was playing it all night tonight. Love it to death. Sounds amazing, feel amazing. Looks great in person. The old school neck joint isnt my favorite thing in the world, but its still comfy.

pushpull7

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah we've had the APEX200 for several weeks now. I bought one for myself, was playing it all night tonight. Love it to death. Sounds amazing, feel amazing. Looks great in person. The old school neck joint isnt my favorite thing in the world, but its still comfy.

Jelly. What a great looking guitar. I'm assuming the "20" is indo?

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score

Awesome. I actually kinda prefer that joint. Really curious: have you had the neck off? I'm wondering if it's like the old joint where the last few frets are an extension beyond the end of the neck heel or if it's like the 20th anniversary RG550 where they extended the neck under all of the frets.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Awesome. I actually kinda prefer that joint. Really curious: have you had the neck off? I'm wondering if it's like the old joint where the last few frets are an extension beyond the end of the neck heel or if it's like the 20th anniversary RG550 where they extended the neck under all of the frets.

Nah I wouldn't take apart a brand new guitar like that just to check, but I am sure I could find out from Ibanez.

Apollo240

Reaction score
My Apex 20 should be here thursday. Super excited. Im usually not a fan of fixed bridges but for the price I paid I cant bitch. I got a basswood body, 3pc neck, blaze pickup guitar for a portion of the list price. It should look good next to my K7

Anyone get their 20 yet? How do you like it?

Daddiikong

Husband, Father, Musician, Guardian.
Reaction score
My Apex 20 should be here thursday. Super excited. Im usually not a fan of fixed bridges but for the price I paid I cant bitch. I got a basswood body, 3pc neck, blaze pickup guitar for a portion of the list price. It should look good next to my K7

Anyone get their 20 yet? How do you like it?

I've been wanting one of those for a long time, but can't find any on the used market. How do/did you like it?

')