New KXK Day!!! Pics!!!

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
Christ, is that yellow! I bet you have no problem finding that in a dark room. :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
That's definitely not true man, I know you're excited but let's be real here :) Change the $4,000 to $2,000 and I'll agree with you :wub:

Sadly, that is becoming more and more true every day. Raw materials and the cost of operating in the states really drives up the price of guitars. Remember, this guitar is not standard: it has three more frets and a cutaway customized to accommodate them. Any of the higher manufacturers are going to charge you five grand or more for that guitar, and there aren't that many small guys around right now.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
that guitfiddle has 27 frets???

Codyyy

The Flip-Flopper
Reaction score
Different strokes for different folks. :shrug:

I'm sure it plays nicely, but I (respectfully) think it's really ugly, even though I like the color.

Cancer

Gazzmask
Reaction score
That yellow is OUTSTANDING :yesway::yesway::hbang:(Carvin used to offer a yellow sorta like that "back ini the day", but its been long gone). What amazes me is that you're able to get the Jackson and the KXK to match so well. Did you send him the Jackson to inspect?

Neither one of those guitars is helping my GAS, not one bit.

Added note after looking at pics again: That 4+3 headstock inspires a different feeling everytime I see a new pic of it. Some angles it looks amazing, other angles, not so mucn. I love the way it looks from the back.

20080402-rku3wnapwr1rp8nhbrmaj7mssa.jpg

Groff

Medicine Chief/RHLC©
Contributor
Reaction score
Nice!

At first glance, I was puzzled as to why the pickups were squished together. Then I counted the frets :lol:

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm sure he meant that as an insult to Sherman and Bernie Rico Jr. :rolleyes:

Nitpicking aside, I think Rob probably makes the best guitars for the money you can buy. I have a KxK and it smokes any other guitar I've had or played. I'm sure Sherman is right up there, but I don't know how much he charges and I haven't played any of his guitars.

Dude, what is so hard to understand here? He said very clearly "no other luthier could build something this nice for under $4000". I happen to know that's not the case, so I pointed it out. Since there are world-class luthiers who call themselves SS.org members, I think it was plenty appropriate to politely disagree with his false blanket statement on their behalf.

Anyways, great guitar man. Get together with Dave and take some group pics :)

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
very nice
congrats!
I like me some yellow Jacksons too!

jacksonplayer

The Fusion Guy!
Contributor
Reaction score
Hey Chris, whats your nut made of? Looks like Tom's is a Graph Tech...is yours bone?

His is Graph Tech, I believe. Mine is indeed a bone nut. Like the tone on those.

That yellow is OUTSTANDING :yesway::yesway::hbang:(Carvin used to offer a yellow sorta like that "back ini the day", but its been long gone). What amazes me is that you're able to get the Jackson and the KXK to match so well. Did you send him the Jackson to inspect?

I did send him a photo of the Jackson, but I actually ordered the KXK before I lucked into finding the Jackson. I originally ordered the KXK as "Road Hazard Yellow," which is a slightly darker finish that Jackson did on a limited run of Custom Shop guitars a few years ago. But when I got my Soloist Pro, that became the shade of yellow that I wanted, and Rob was able to get a good match. If anything, the KXK is more striking, since it has more gold pearl in the paint than the Soloist does.

It's flashy as hell, but doesn't seem quite so '80s as a lot of the neon finishes do. BTW, I recently had one of those late '80s yellow Carvins, but it didn't really float my boat--it was beat to hell.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Speaking of gold, i saw Karl Sanders' KxK V at their headlining gig on Saturday. It was by far one of the coolest guitars I've ever laid my eyes on. Pictures do not come close to doing it justice.

')