New KXK Day!!! Pics!!!

NemesisTheory

Reaction score
Sweet! Love the color and it looks very sleek. Looks like my Demon has a cousin now!

Scott

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

El Caco

Djavli te ponesli
Contributor
Reaction score
Congrats :yesway: Seeing your guitars makes me wish I was around for the first KXK group deal.

nedheftyfunk

Reaction score
Congratulations on an original guitar. :yesway: That looks like it has a really high class fit and finish. How do you find the spacing on the top couple of frets? Unless it is an ERG, are they not a little too close for comfort?

One yellow guitar that I'd be proud to rock... :hbang: ... in spite of the inevitable questions of sexuality. :stitch:

:lol:

jacksonplayer

The Fusion Guy!
Contributor
Reaction score
Congratulations on an original guitar. :yesway: That looks like it has a really high class fit and finish. How do you find the spacing on the top couple of frets? Unless it is an ERG, are they not a little too close for comfort?

One yellow guitar that I'd be proud to rock... :hbang: ... in spite of the inevitable questions of sexuality. :stitch:

:lol:

:lol: I don't think my wife has anything to worry about. She says I favor that color because I'm an optimist. Which will probably do more damage to my metal cred than any question of my sexual preference.

The top three frets on mine don't differ that much in spacing from the highest couple of frets on a 24-fret guitar. You've got to be precise to play entire runs up there, but it's doable. For me, the difficulty so far has been remembering NOT to play the highest fret when I really want the note at the 24th fret. But that's similar to initially getting to used to the presence of a low B string.

nedheftyfunk

Reaction score
She says I favor that color because I'm an optimist. Which will probably do more damage to my metal cred than any question of my sexual preference.

You're an optimist? :nuts: Damn right that will damage your metal cred. :lol:

More than compensated for by all the cool guitars though. :metal:

The top three frets on mine don't differ that much in spacing from the highest couple of frets on a 24-fret guitar. You've got to be precise to play entire runs up there, but it's doable. For me, the difficulty so far has been remembering NOT to play the highest fret when I really want the note at the 24th fret. But that's similar to initially getting to used to the presence of a low B string.

Thanks for that*. Makes sense, especially with the excellent access that cut-away gives on your KxK. Edwards do an interesting, relatively cheap 6-er with 27 frets on a 25.5" scale. I always wondered if the high g was accessible. Now I know that it may well be. :yesway:

*Ken takes Chris's opinion seriously,
as he said blank boards were difficult to navigate
and he was right.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I ordered the neck slightly thicker than the prototype, and the result is the *exact perfect 7-string neck of my dreams*. Very Jackson-like profile, but a just a bit smaller than most Jackson neckthru 7-strings. Frankly, I'm not sure I want eaeolian to play this guitar, since he might have to try and steal it. :lol:

:lol: I'd be whacking the "neck" pickup every time I pick, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

That sucker is certainly Yellow, though. The deep cutaway throws off the symmetry a bit, but I understand that it's a "form follows function" thing. Love the headstock, and I'm sure the F&F are what I'm growing to expect from Rob...

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Love it. Next to the Karl Sanders guitars, it's my favorite Kxk's so far. And up high as one of the nicest custom shop guitars in it's price range by ANY manufacturer. :agreed:

Bigeeboo

V-boi
Reaction score
Pretty Damn Slick ... I love colors that jump out!!

seeing these roll in makes me even more anstier for my V :steve:

with my 2nd job It'll proly be a wk before I can properly play it and take pics after recieving it :lol:

F1Filter

Contributor
Reaction score
I said it before, and I'll say it again now...

It's like, 'how much more yellow could this be???' And the answer is "None. None more yellow." :agreed:

Killer gtr. One day Rob will tell me mine is done. One day....

jacksonplayer

The Fusion Guy!
Contributor
Reaction score
:lol: I'd be whacking the "neck" pickup every time I pick, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

That sucker is certainly Yellow, though. The deep cutaway throws off the symmetry a bit, but I understand that it's a "form follows function" thing. Love the headstock, and I'm sure the F&F are what I'm growing to expect from Rob...

Yeah, you're used to having all that available real estate on your 22-fret Soloist.

I actually prefer the look of the 27-fret body, and I'm not just saying that because I own one. The deeper cutaway gives it a more aggressive look. The 4x3 headstock really cuts down on the sympathetic vibration, compared to the inline KXKs.

jacksonplayer

The Fusion Guy!
Contributor
Reaction score
Edwards do an interesting, relatively cheap 6-er with 27 frets on a 25.5" scale. I always wondered if the high g was accessible. Now I know that it may well be. :yesway:

The 27-fret Edwards guitars don't appear to have the same kind of upper fret access, though. The Kiko Loreiro model looks a little better because the lower horn is more sculpted, but you'd still have to reach.

An important factor for me in deciding to get the 27-fret version of the Sii-7 was that Rob could make the lower horn extra scooped. There's no point in having frets you can't reach.

')