New Legator Guitars Reflections Signature Model

• Thread starter Draceius
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Danukenator

Kane's Bane
Reaction score
The thing is, I'm sure I've seen this design before just with a different headstock, that's going to bug me now. :facepalm:

1r.jpg

This guitar has a severe eating disorder. You can even see it's ribs poking out. I'm calling for help.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

InfinityCollision

Reaction score
There are some at the Max Axe here in Miami. Haven't gotten around to it, but I really want to go try one out and see where all the hype is coming from. Not only do I not have any problem with the way they look, but I'm under the impression that they aren't as expensive as everyone has made them out to be. There's a model on the Max Axe website for $400. Granted, it isn't super over-the-top, but it doesn't look half-bad. That's just me however, and my opinion. I have yet to play one, but going off of specs and pics alone, I don't see anything wrong with them. I really want to play one, so as to give a non-endorsee opinion of it. Not that I don't think endorsers opinions aren't valid, but people don't seem to take them into consideration being that of people who received a guitar for little to no-cost and are inclined to spread good word of the product if they liked it enough. Being a new brand, I still believe all this skepticism and shady impressions are pretty serious enough and I'd still be wary of buying one, unless I can try one out beforehand.

I think people are less flipping out on those (which are a drop in a pond right now and thus won't make much of an impression) than the ones running for several thousand dollars that are neither equipped with high-quality hardware nor visually impressive in the least. That and the whole "we just started and have 100 endorsing artists" thing they've got going on.

RevelGTR

Reaction score
The thing is, I'm sure I've seen this design before just with a different headstock, that's going to bug me now. :facepalm:

1r.jpg
I agree, it was probably something produced at the same factory under a different brand. :lol:

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
The guitars look fine to me, I don't find anything wrong with the headstock. If I'm going to start having make or break opinion opinions on headstocks, I'll just put it out there that Jackson's Dinky headstock looks even worse. But that's just me, I prefer Jackson's SLS style headstocks, whatever those are called.

The thing is that while it very well may be true that one of the previous theories be true, but if they're priced properly and play well considering that they're made in factories vs being custom made should be weighed into the opinion of a non endorsee that is just interested in seeing how the instruments factor in. I wouldn't mind trying one out myself but I'm probably not interested because what they offer, Ibanez exists to fill in that need for me, that and I don't need mid-ranged imports unless it's replacing one of my current imported guitars.

Don't think it's really fair to just throw these guys under the rug with companies that have used the same formula or similar. Especially when most everyone in this thread hasn't laid a hand on one, given that most of the complaints are aesthetic, there's companies like Dean and BC-Rich putting out some ridiculous looking models and they're managing to stay afloat due to people actually buying these things?

Point is, I'll keep my reservations to myself instead of wondering how fast they'll go down the drain. It's a terrible thing for a company to go down, people's jobs and families are at a loss, I hope that's not their fate and I'd rather wait for someone's honest opinion of the things before saying something about them at all.

And relating to Reflections, I believe their new album is coming very soon and it looks promising. I enjoy some of their songs off of The Fantasy Effect, and they're pretty talented guys. The music that they put on TFE isn't innovative or different from the Djent movement, but I've heard much more generic/worse from that kind of music. Don't understand the straight up hate for them, but it's opinions so I won't stick onto that topic too much.

EDIT: That V looks HORRENDOUS though, just saw that ha.

Hemorrhage

Reaction score

1r.jpg

Even tho I own a funny shaped RR myself, this one looks stupid. And I can't help it but those pick-ups+rings and the chrome TOM + string through body look repulsive to me. Like other said, cheap looking, something that Harley Benton could sell for 100€. Also having all hardware and pickups of their own unknown brand on a 4k$ guitar feels a bit silly but who knows, maybe its just my brand-loyal-fanboyism speaking.

Philip N

Reaction score
Sorry for the necro guys, but I just randomly checked Legator Guitar's website and they no longer list these signature models.
Does this mean the guys from Reflections dropped their contract already? :lol:

philip

Latest posts

')