New Legator Guitars Reflections Signature Model

• Thread starter Draceius
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DjentDjentlalala

Reaction score
Oh,another unknown brand that is releasing 10000 sigs....

I can smell the fail from my living room.

Dont say the interwebz didnt warn you.

Chri

-________-
Reaction score
Yikes, if even these played really well, I just couldn't. To echo everyone else, they just scream "this is a shitty Chinese knock-off"
I'd much rather shell out for a company worth it's reputation.

BigBaldIan

Bald and gribbly.
Reaction score
Now I'm simply on the outside looking in and have no knowledge of the company but I would assume it was a group of people looking to start up a guitar company and purchased several models from an overseas company to use as their own. And as with any brand trying to build hype they flood the market with new signings and by signings I mean people who get free guitars in exchange for them to use a photo of them on their artist page. :2c:

If you laid a bet on this I wouldn't take you up on it. Plenty of nice glossy pictures of the team headquarters, but nothing showing where the work is actually done. If I were trying to establish myself as a premium manufacturer, then showing the guts of the business is a good way of building a solid reputation IMHO. This smacks to me of a US company branding or rebranding ghost-built far-eastern instruments.

As others have said, this may not be the case (and I hope it isn't). However we've seen far too many similar instances from other companies, so I guess a certain amount of scepticism is to be expected.

Danukenator

Kane's Bane
Reaction score
I'm waiting for the "this is an amazing guitar NGD!!!1one" followed by the 'FS: Just didn't "feel" right.'

danger5oh

I'm always... hungry
Reaction score
It's strange to me that something like headstock design can make or break a guitar (and I'm speaking for myself as well). I actually kinda like their reversed headstock.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
It's strange to me that something like headstock design can make or break a guitar (and I'm speaking for myself as well). I actually kinda like their reversed headstock.

If something is more at home being the shape of the head on a boat paddle, it's got no business being a guitar headstock. :lol:

jephjacques

BUTTS LOL
Reaction score
If you laid a bet on this I wouldn't take you up on it. Plenty of nice glossy pictures of the team headquarters, but nothing showing where the work is actually done. If I were trying to establish myself as a premium manufacturer, then showing the guts of the business is a good way of building a solid reputation IMHO. This smacks to me of a US company branding or rebranding ghost-built far-eastern instruments.

As others have said, this may not be the case (and I hope it isn't). However we've seen far too many similar instances from other companies, so I guess a certain amount of scepticism is to be expected.

On one of their dealer websites they say that most of the guitars are built in Korea by one of the ghost factories that builds import models for other companies. Apparently the ridiculously fancy models are built in either Japan or the US though.

oneblackened

Tube Amp Dork
Reaction score
I'm going to echo the "these look damn cheap" sentiment. Like, to me, they look about the same as an Agile... which isn't saying a whole lot, Agiles don't look all that great to me.

watson503

Los Cochinos
Reaction score
The guitars look ok I guess.

Never heard of reflections so I looked it up. Some of the worst unmetal I've ever heard. When is this kind of music going to end?

I made it :50 into this video, the chest-banging and hopping-around like Fred Durst on freebase circa 1999 combined with the sound emanating from my speakers was too much.

Valennic

Many Fingers
Reaction score
I made it :50 into this video, the chest-banging and hopping-around like Fred Durst on freebase circa 1999 combined with the sound emanating from my speakers was too much.

I hate that synchronized jogging in place is a ....ing thing.

Seriously. Whoever started that needs to be shot.

They're also technically talented, but they're writing Genericore to a Djee. (It's funny because it seounds like G.)

acauseforpatric

Reaction score
Saw them live a while back and maybe I just don't get it, but they were boring. If I wanted to watch 30 minutes of guitar wankage I'd go to a Michael Angelo Batio clinic. Also I second the notion of these guitars looking cheap as hell. They look like those no-name 7 strings that float around on ebay for ~$300 lol

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
They have endorsees?!

shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpeg

:lol:

Not a fan of the design (body contours and headstock alike), and the whole "brand new company with big name endorsees!!!!" routine has worn thin as has already been pointed out a dozen times. No interest in checking these out personally, but I am curious to hear if anyone actually has the chance to try one out that isn't owned by an endorsee to see if they are garbage or not. :lol:

Matt_D_

Reaction score
Given they list a 'korean' subsidiary. I dont think they'll fall under the "start a small custom shop and get endorsers and hope" banner. I'm assuming they're contracting out to one of the KR builders rather than spend money on their own CS. which is a sensible way to run a business.

That said. I'm not a fan of their shapes...

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Given they list a 'korean' subsidiary. I dont think they'll fall under the "start a small custom shop and get endorsers and hope" banner. I'm assuming they're contracting out to one of the KR builders rather than spend money on their own CS. which is a sensible way to run a business.

That said. I'm not a fan of their shapes...

Nope, it's the variation on that called the "start importing OEM guitars, pay for endorsers and hope".

BigBaldIan

Bald and gribbly.
Reaction score
The thing is, I'm sure I've seen this design before just with a different headstock, that's going to bug me now. :facepalm:

1r.jpg

HurrDurr

Lord of all Things
Reaction score
There are some at the Max Axe here in Miami. Haven't gotten around to it, but I really want to go try one out and see where all the hype is coming from. Not only do I not have any problem with the way they look, but I'm under the impression that they aren't as expensive as everyone has made them out to be. There's a model on the Max Axe website for $400. Granted, it isn't super over-the-top, but it doesn't look half-bad. That's just me however, and my opinion. I have yet to play one, but going off of specs and pics alone, I don't see anything wrong with them. I really want to play one, so as to give a non-endorsee opinion of it. Not that I don't think endorsers opinions aren't valid, but people don't seem to take them into consideration being that of people who received a guitar for little to no-cost and are inclined to spread good word of the product if they liked it enough. Being a new brand, I still believe all this skepticism and shady impressions are pretty serious enough and I'd still be wary of buying one, unless I can try one out beforehand.

')