New LOG song off their new album, what do you all think?

• Thread starter Indigenous
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
It's good ol' Lamb of God. I'm never completely disappointed by what they put out. It's consistently good. This has like...a nice southern tinge to it...it's hard to describe.

My least favorite part of this is, the fact that, the intro acoustic riff sounds just like the intro to their song 'Redneck'.

Ninjahat

Reaction score
LoG is LoG I guess, I enjoyed it, but I don't know if I'd get the album.

Vheissu

Reaction score
The very fact that there is a guitar solo in this song tells me that this album is going to take a big steamy dump all over Wrath which was their St. Anger is my opinion. By the sounds of it they've also returned to D. It was nice and all for them to drop to C, but I think opting for C on Wrath was the reason it sounded so genericore and boring. Great song, getting a copy hopefully to review within the next few weeks and I'll let you know how the rest sounds.

Goro923

Spanish Thrasher
Reaction score
The very fact that there is a guitar solo in this song tells me that this album is going to take a big steamy dump all over Wrath which was their St. Anger is my opinion. By the sounds of it they've also returned to D. It was nice and all for them to drop to C, but I think opting for C on Wrath was the reason it sounded so genericore and boring. Great song, getting a copy hopefully to review within the next few weeks and I'll let you know how the rest sounds.

Actually, the song is in Drop-Db (or C#), same tuning as Fake Messiah, Grace, Broken Hands and Reclamation, al the rest are in Drop-D (I don't think they have any in Drop-C). And also, this was posted a couple of weeks ago. :cool:

But yeah it's a lot better than Wrath.

ZeroS1gnol

Reaction score
I like it, but their progression is stagnating (since wrath) it seems. So nothing new to hear.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
Mark said on Twitter this is the most straight-forward traditional LOG track on the album, hence it being released first. The rest of the material could be a bit more different.

Indigenous

Indigenous
Reaction score
Mark said on Twitter this is the most straight-forward traditional LOG track on the album, hence it being released first. The rest of the material could be a bit more different.

If that's true then I'm a bit more excited for the album I think. I want to see what kind of a direction they plan to take with it.

linchpin

Specter
Reaction score
The very fact that there is a guitar solo in this song tells me that this album is going to take a big steamy dump all over Wrath which was their St. Anger is my opinion.

:nono:I beg to differ, i find that placing solos on a song that doesn't call for it tends to ruin the momentum of the song, i personally find myself editing solos out of some of my favourite songs because it was quite evident that it was forced upon it and as for St Anger, I like that album a lot due to the sheer riff-fest!:shred:

Its nice that LOG did Wrath knowing the songs were written strictly from a rhythmic perspective without the need to do solos just because it's fashionable these days.

Everybody wants to wank faster than the next... :noplease:

Prydogga

Giddyup.
Reaction score

Thank fucking fuck. Wrath was cool, but it was nowhere near as 'coloured' and interesting as Sacrament.

Also, in this a repost? We've had this track before. I was under the impression it was an unreleased track from Wrath?

Indigenous

Indigenous
Reaction score
Thank fucking fuck. Wrath was cool, but it was nowhere near as 'coloured' and interesting as Sacrament.

Also, in this a repost? We've had this track before. I was under the impression it was an unreleased track from Wrath?

It may be a repost. I haven't seen or heard it before on here though, although I'd be the first to admit I was wrong about that. I don't think it was an unreleased Wrath track, it's one of the songs they're putting on Resolution I believe. Do correct me if I'm wrong though.

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
It may be a repost. I haven't seen or heard it before on here though, although I'd be the first to admit I was wrong about that. I don't think it was an unreleased Wrath track, it's one of the songs they're putting on Resolution I believe. Do correct me if I'm wrong though.

It is, a bit old though, not quite in its own thread at any point either:

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/general-music-discussion/176952-new-lamb-god.html

Wasn't gonna bring it up myself though. No worries.

mphsc

http://pyramidguitarscompany.com/
Reaction score
It's pretty good, but Ashes of the Wake will never be reborn.

Hmantooth

Reaction score
Same old LoG. I'm still waiting for them to recapture the filth of ATPB which was their finest album IMO

That being said I don't understand where all the hate for Wrath comes from, there were some wicked tracks on that album!

Spaceman_Spiff

Contributor
Reaction score
Chris Adler is the fucking man.

His signature "cymbal sound" gets me every time.

The riffs are perpetually in motion, which is like a staple of LOG, the vocals are solid, and the bass is audible. Pretty good track if I do say so myself.

slowro

Drunken Scot
Reaction score
Great track, I love LOG and Wrath is amazing. They sound very distinctive in all their albums and I'm looking forward to the new album. They have written some of my favourite riffs ever! long live LOG

Defsan

Reaction score
Same old LoG. I'm still waiting for them to recapture the filth of ATPB which was their finest album IMO
Exactly. There's "old LoG" and "ATPB LoG". I don't like LoG at all, but ATPB is one of my favorite albums. It's like they can't replicate the aggression and grit anymore.

')