New Mark Day (with purple shoes)

• Thread starter Augminished
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Augminished

Augminished Studio
Reaction score
:wavey:

No its not a Mesa :rolleyes:

Came home to this little monster today:

AYfP9.jpg

6work.jpg

qRwwz.jpg

P4655.jpg

BHCRw.jpg

PRlJD.jpg

4GS6A.jpg

Overall it seems pretty cool. I would post up some clips but honestly I have no clue how to play bass. This will be 100% a studio amp. I think based on your guy's suggestion I will pick up a 4x10 in a bit but for now I am really digging the 1x15. I mostly chose this amp because of the line out. I know a lot of amps have this but the level control is a great feature. When I record I will probably use this in conjunction with my Axe Fx II and it should sound sick. :cool:

If you guys have any settings you like please post them up!

and the purple shows as promised and why most of you are in this thread (besides thinking it was a new Mark V):lol:

tM9jv.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Trypios

Reaction score
Thought it was a Mesa and got my GAS up, then I saw it's a markbass and got even gassier. Congrats!

maliciousteve

Contributor
Reaction score
These are fantastic sounding amps. I've seen a great bass player use a little combo Mark Bass amp and it sounded much much bigger than it is. I'd have one if I played bass more.

Oh and also I've had the chance to play through one of those little Mark amps with a US Fender Jazz, it sounded gorgeous. When I think of a bass tone in my head that's the tone it had.

Last edited:

Augminished

Augminished Studio
Reaction score
Yeah I agree. What little bass I know sounded sick through it. The notch filters are really nice. They add a ton of flexibility and make the tone so punchy. Guitar amps need a low mid and hi mid control. Its is so nice having both of these to control.

Any tips for settings? I have left everything pretty flat. I am pulling down the bass a bit (mostly because of the 1x15 I would guess).

Bevo

Reaction score
Those are great little amps and will work very well in your studio.

The shoes on the other hand will require some color coordination, maybe some sexy Yellow pants!

T-e-r-r-y

Reaction score
Awesome dude! I have the same head, I run it with a GK neo 2x12 and I love it.

With regards to EQ, the LMIII is voiced so well that it only needs subtle adjustments in my experience.

Augminished

Augminished Studio
Reaction score
Awesome dude! I have the same head, I run it with a GK neo 2x12 and I love it.

With regards to EQ, the LMIII is voiced so well that it only needs subtle adjustments in my experience.

Yeah honestly I have found this to be true as well. I am digging this set up. It just sounds huge and the power is incredible for such a small head. Thank you solid state!

Now I just 5 string ;) Thanks Guys!

')