New Mastodon Album and Single - "Hushed and Grim" October 29th

• Thread starter aceshigh92
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

fps

Kit
Reaction score
Yeah, him and Brann are probably the most irreplaceable members as far as the "Mastodon sound" goes.

I've seen interviews with the band and stuff that alludes to a lot of the polishing of stuff into good songs is Bill though.

It's a shame that the person who seems to want to be in the band the least now is Brent.

Yeah, agreed. His vocals were great in small doses, and yeah he's got a great voice, but it's definitely changing the dynamics a bit too much now. To me at least.
New album next year apparently. I’d definitely take Hushed and Grim and Emperor of Sand over The Hunter and OMRTS so I’m hopeful it’s gonna be great.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
New album next year apparently. I’d definitely take Hushed and Grim and Emperor of Sand over The Hunter and OMRTS so I’m hopeful it’s gonna be great.

OMRTS is definitely overlooked in their library, I'd put my rankings as:

1. Crack the Skye
2. Blood Mountain
3. Emperor of Sand
4. Leviathan
5. Once More Round The Sun
6. Remission
7. The Hunter
8. Hushed and Grim
9. Call of the Mastodon

Nothing before Leviathan tickles my ivories so to speak, so for those who think this ranking is "wild" I don't care, and honestly, I might even swap Leviathan and OMRTS as the last few track on Leviathan are a little meandering, especially after seeing them performed live and thinking like, "was there supposed to be more to these?"

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
OMRTS is definitely overlooked in their library, I'd put my rankings as:

1. Crack the Skye
2. Blood Mountain
3. Emperor of Sand
4. Leviathan
5. Once More Round The Sun
6. Remission
7. The Hunter
8. Hushed and Grim
9. Call of the Mastodon

Nothing before Leviathan tickles my ivories so to speak, so for those who think this ranking is "wild" I don't care, and honestly, I might even swap Leviathan and OMRTS as the last few track on Leviathan are a little meandering, especially after seeing them performed live and thinking like, "was there supposed to be more to these?"
My man

predator-handshake.gif

Reactions: MFB

Latest posts

')