New Mastodon Album and Single - "Hushed and Grim" October 29th

• Thread starter aceshigh92
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

neurosis

Reaction score
I'm sure they wish they could retroactively delete that asshole's parts now.
That was a tough situation. I love. Neurosis to pieces. Can't imagine how it must've felt for people who actually have a close relationship with the people in it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JSKrev

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
That was a tough situation. I love. Neurosis to pieces. Can't imagine how it must've felt for people who actually have a close relationship with the people in it.

I feel really bad for the other guys in the band. I don't think they had knowledge of it.

Stiman

Reaction score
I've pretty much only listened to Emperor of Sands and Hushed and Grim since I've only gotten into them over the last year and a half. But I REALLY love these albums. I'm a big fan of what having 3 singers does to the music. And I like all three of their singing.

Pretty pumped for the next album, and hope they do another studio documentary because that's what got me into them to begin with.

Edit:
I'm doing to give Crack the Skye a serious listen tomorrow based on people's descriptions here.

Big Dumb Bitch

Evil trans lady >:3
Reaction score
I think y'all are the only ones I've seen ranking Blood Mountain at the bottom of their Big 4 albums, I'll throw my rankings up tomorrow at work when I'm bored but BM is a close 2nd for me after CtS.

I also listened to Hushed and Grim about a month ago because I forgot about it and I agree with Max, it should've been half as long. When the riffs hit, they fucking hit, but the majority of songs have filler verses, choruses, or bridges.
Blood Mountain is too riff salad for me in some parts but I haven't listened to it in quite a while so ima listen to it again and see if I feel differently. Sleeping Giant is easily one of my favorite Mastodon songs though. It's so good. Remission is my favorite because it's the angriest and most aggressive.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Blood Mountain, in retrospect, is a very transitional album. It's really good, but I think they were sort of prototyping the sound they would eventually nail on Crack The Skye.

Remission is just so heavy and angry and has such a frantic feel. Leviathan kept the heavy and made it a bit more fun, and I mean, what a fucking album: Blood and Thunder, Naked Burn, Megalodon, Aqua Dementia, Iron Tusk, Hearts Alive, it was like all singles and no fluff.

So it's not like Blood Mountain was bad, it's just with the first two LPs and the opus that is CTS, it's just a sort of the worst of the best you know?

Latest posts

')