New Mattayus track! Really pleased with this one, please come listen!

• Thread starter Mattayus
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mattayus

Sir Groove-A-Lot
Contributor
Reaction score
It's been a while!

Now, the intro is a bit long winded I'll grant you, but it might be worth the wait. Please give it a chance (i dont have vocals for it yet but just try to imagine vocals and then it might not seem so long!)

I'm really pleased with how it turned out, especially mix-wise. There are a few bumps and bruises here and there which I'll iron out in time, but I was just really eager to get it posted to show you lot.

Anyway, enough babbling, enjoy!

Start Player

Gear:
Ibanez RG7620 + BKP Painkillers into PodXT
Crafter Cruiser 5 string bass into PodXT (tried to use impulses but didn't get on with them very well!)
Acoustica Beatcraft
All mixed and mastered in eMagic Logic 5 (old school!)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

drenzium

Reaction score
Lol the bass in the intro part made my house rumble.

The intro is very soothing, I enjoyed it. You have great bass tone =] Is it possible I could get what patch you used?

My god those bareknuckles have some meatiness dont they!

Sorry for the sentence by sentence structure, I find it easier to critique songs as they go rather than try and remember at the end. I thought it was a great song, very easy on the ears, excellent riffage and musicality. Beatcraft really needs a lot of tweaking to get it to sound good, I use it personally also. Its very easy to fall into a simplistic pattern with them, such as how the solo drums are.

:yesway:

Mattayus

Sir Groove-A-Lot
Contributor
Reaction score
Lol the bass in the intro part made my house rumble.

The intro is very soothing, I enjoyed it. You have great bass tone =] Is it possible I could get what patch you used?

My god those bareknuckles have some meatiness dont they!

Sorry for the sentence by sentence structure, I find it easier to critique songs as they go rather than try and remember at the end. I thought it was a great song, very easy on the ears, excellent riffage and musicality. Beatcraft really needs a lot of tweaking to get it to sound good, I use it personally also. Its very easy to fall into a simplistic pattern with them, such as how the solo drums are.

:yesway:

Thanks dude! Yeah Beatcraft doesn't have any preset grooves or anything so it's hard to come up with stuff that's not straight and simplistic, and seeing as I'm not a drummer in the slightest it makes it even harder to be imaginative! I've done some fairly complex stuff with it in the past, but it takes so fuckin long, not to mention I dont think this song lends itself to complexity, it's a very straight cut no bullshit groove type thing. Bah, i'm stuck in the 90's, whadayagannado!

I'm using two different bass patches on this song, one clean one in the intro, and one utterly filthy motherfucker for the main song. Let me know which one you want and i'll hit you up

Mattayus

Sir Groove-A-Lot
Contributor
Reaction score
and thanks Greg! Dude thanks for the impulse stuff but I couldn't get the bass to work for the life of me. I mean, it worked, and sounded amazing, but I got HUGE delay for some reason :( and the track became misaligned with the rest of the song, very strange, and very unfortunate!

Gregk

Reaction score
Wow, this is really good! I can see why you are so pleased :hbang:

MerlinTKD

EIght.Fold.Path / Hinge Theory
Contributor
Reaction score
Wow, dude... fantastic!!! :eek:

Damn, keep 'em coming! I want to be able to say "I heard Mattayus back when!" :D

(and no, I haven't forgotten about your vocals... just started a new job, still swamped :()

Slampop

Artist/Producer: IDOLER
Reaction score
Dude, awesome production!...very "Panteraish", which is a good thing IMO, Pantera owns!...and dude, Evil Dead FTW!!! keep it up man! :metal:

Mattayus

Sir Groove-A-Lot
Contributor
Reaction score
Hell yes, thank you peeps!! :hbang:

Wow, dude... fantastic!!! :eek:

Damn, keep 'em coming! I want to be able to say "I heard Mattayus back when!" :D

(and no, I haven't forgotten about your vocals... just started a new job, still swamped :()

hehe no worries dude I've been swamped myself. It's taken me nearly two weeks to do this song start to finish, when usually I could'a got it done in a couple of nights!

Dude, awesome production!...very "Panteraish", which is a good thing IMO, Pantera owns!...and dude, Evil Dead FTW!!! keep it up man! :metal:

Yeah man as I said, I'm stuck in the 90's! My music needs to be dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st century I think hehe. The whole super-crisp djent thing just doesn't come naturally to me though :shrug: but oh well, so long as me and other people like it! :metal:

stuh84

The Viking himself
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, that bass tone is great, also the intro reminds me a little of Mark Tremonti, clean tone and also whats plated, in some of the earlier Creed stuff more than Alter Bridge (like What If for example).

Nice tune though, and great sound, I like it all :)

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
Not bad! Parts of it kind of reminds me of old Metallica somehow. :metal:

')