New Mayhem!

Sumsar

Reaction score
Searched the forum and also tried googling, but apparently we don't have a Mayhem thread?

Anyway, Mayhem is releasing a new album, "Daemon", out October 25th, and yesterday a song was released:

Sounds a lot more oldschool than anything they have done since 'De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas'. Personally I really liked Esoteric Warfare (2014), but this style is also cool. I also dig the production.

Your thoughts?

I am also going to see them live when they come to Copenhagen in late november. I have seen them once before, which was the anniversary tour, so they only played stuff from the first album, which was also cool, but I am hoping they will play newer stuff this time.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nick

Reaction score
This sounds like itl be good, I saw them on the recent de mysterious nostalgia tour and they were pretty good live.

Not a band I'm massively into even though I am heavily into bm but I'll check this out on the basis of the promo track for sure

Viginez

Reaction score
really like the new song

KailM

Reaction score
This is sick. Atilla sounds just as evil and disturbing as he did on De Mysteriis. Love the riffs too!

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
I can't really take Mayhem seriously after watching the Lords of Chaos movie :lol: But yeah, that song had a very evil vibe and the production was decent.

PunkBillCarson

Reaction score
I can't really take Mayhem seriously after watching the Lords of Chaos movie :lol: But yeah, that song had a very evil vibe and the production was decent.

That's the Hollywood version of the band, not to be taken seriously.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
That's the Hollywood version of the band, not to be taken seriously.

I know, but it still ruined the band for me. The funniest part of it was what a poser Varg was made to be at first and then later Euronymous just being in it for the money/fame. It was just very bad overall. I wonder if it was even based on any facts, apart from the obvious "Varg stabbed Euronymous" part...

Last edited:

KailM

Reaction score
De Mysteryiis Dom Sathanas II, is what it sounds like to me.:deathm:

xzacx

Reaction score
Great riffs, not so great vocals...pretty much what I expect from Mayhem. Production sounds super heavy—I like it.

Leviathus

Psychotic Monster
Reaction score
Out now, just put it on. Lol, the 3rd song has a pretty shreddin' solo i wasn't expecting from them. Diggin' it so far.

Necky379

Reaction score
I know, but it still ruined the band for me. The funniest part of it was what a poser Varg was made to be at first and then later Euronymous just being in it for the money/fame. It was just very bad overall. I wonder if it was even based on any facts, apart from the obvious "Varg stabbed Euronymous" part...

Did you think they were performing sigil conjurings on the reg, getting lyrics from chicken entrails and going to family birthday parties in corpse paint? Even the trvest black metaler takes their wrist spikes off while doing number two and likes finding 20 bucks in their leather jacket.

The new Mayhem tracks sound pretty good.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
Did you think they were performing sigil conjurings on the reg, getting lyrics from chicken entrails and going to family birthday parties in corpse paint? Even the trvest black metaler takes their wrist spikes off while doing number two and likes finding 20 bucks in their leather jacket.

That's not what I meant. What I meant was, I found it funny that Varg was made to be like a scared little kid trying to look cool at first, and then he went to extreme lengths trying prove himself... And Euronymous basically being the opposite and having the opposite development curve, if you can call it that.

Either way, shitty movie.

But the most important thing is that this new album is great. I didn't expect them to ever put out anything relevant again tbh, so this is a really pleasant surprise.

Last edited:

musicaldeath

Herald of Djod
Reaction score
This was not on my radar and it is black metal season for me (sounds cliche, but I typically listen to black metal in the fall/winter, and seeing as I live in Canada, it's already winter).

Thanks for this, so far sounds awesome.

KailM

Reaction score
This was not on my radar and it is black metal season for me (sounds cliche, but I typically listen to black metal in the fall/winter, and seeing as I live in Canada, it's already winter).

Thanks for this, so far sounds awesome.

I’m kinda like that, only I listen to black metal all year round. :lol: Okay, maybe not the super sunny days; but we had very few of those days this year. I live pretty close to Canada. We had a very cold summer, and didn’t have a fall, it just went directly into winter in September. It was -10 Fahrenheit out my doorstep this morning. :/ I should probably start recording again soon...

Latest posts

')