New Melakartha song - "Inner World" (Ambient, Rock riffs, Djent)

Radius_Vector

Melakarthan
Reaction score
After a long hiatus, I've gotten another one down. Boy, mixing this took forever with all the layers. But the result was well worth it in the end :)

Some juicy Blackstar Ht-5 overdriven toanz in there. Gear was Schecter C7 Blackjack into EHX Soul Preacher into Blackstar HT-5

And who says Metal has to be depressing! :hbang:
"Inner World"

<embed src="http://www.soundclick.com/player/V2/mp3player.swf" flashvars="bandid=1000132&playType=band&ext=1&testMode=0&autoplay=0" name="MP3PlayerBasic" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" height="140" width="473">

SoundClick artist: Melakartha - Melakartha is the sideproject of Multi-Instrumentalist Sridharan Ravichandran

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

iceythe

SS.org Irregular
Reaction score
Dude, this is a really cool song!! Just love your sense of layering on your latest works. Everything seems well balanced for a mellow tune, and although the distorted rhythm seem a slight muffled on the high end, I think it works well with the "bite" from the drums.

Really great overall structured, great lead also..

ddtonfire

Reaction score
I didn't really care for the mix; it was like there was a big void between the guitar frequencies and the bass and bass drum. But the music itself was top notch - I really dig the vibe and flow, and especially how you kept changing things up!

Radius_Vector

Melakarthan
Reaction score
Dude, this is a really cool song!! Just love your sense of layering on your latest works. Everything seems well balanced for a mellow tune, and although the distorted rhythm seem a slight muffled on the high end, I think it works well with the "bite" from the drums.

Really great overall structured, great lead also..

Thanks a ton, iceythe. I get what you mean on the distorted rhythms, but any more 'present', it drowned out the atmospherics on the song :( It was a compromise I had to make.

Great song! Your mix is sounding fresh :yesway:

Thanks mate :)

I didn't really care for the mix; it was like there was a big void between the guitar frequencies and the bass and bass drum. But the music itself was top notch - I really dig the vibe and flow, and especially how you kept changing things up!

:lol: Thanks for the feedback, mate. I'm actually a fan of crisply defined frequency zones hence I went for that kinda sound, but it's possible that the zones were too well defined for the mix.

Btw, The rhythm sections on the african sounding intro was fantastic, on 'Earthrise'. :yesway:

MOAR feedback plz :)

flexkill

Vodka & PentaTonic
Reaction score
That Blackstar is sounding SICK dude!!!!!! Great Facking little amp Bro!!!!!!:hbang::hbang:

Also can you let me in on your bass tone and set up??? The more I listen the more im loving this!!!!

zeal0us

InstruMentalHead
Reaction score
Sounds great, love the playing and layering, but I see where this guy is coming from:
it was like there was a big void between the guitar frequencies and the bass and bass drum. But the music itself was top notch - I really dig the vibe and flow, and especially how you kept changing things up!

After a few listens, though, the crispiness of this mix has really grown on me. :lol: :yesway:

I see what you did there,
and in the end, I approve.

:wub:

Radius_Vector

Melakarthan
Reaction score
Not a bad song at all!

BUT lead MUST be louder :D

Thanks for the feedback :)

That Blackstar is sounding SICK dude!!!!!! Great Facking little amp Bro!!!!!!:hbang::hbang:

Also can you let me in on your bass tone and set up??? The more I listen the more im loving this!!!!

Thanks dude. Yeah it is an insane amp for the size and price tag. The only issue I have is that the cleans sound dull - the cleans on this song were from the POD.

About the bass, it was an octaved down guitar :lol: processed through a bass amp sim (Download Studio Devil VBA Virtual Bass Guitar Bass Amp Plugin (Mac/Win VST, AU, and RTAS))

Sounds great, love the playing and layering, but I see where this guy is coming from:

After a few listens, though, the crispiness of this mix has really grown on me. :lol: :yesway:

I see what you did there,
and in the end, I approve.

:wub:

Thanks buddy, I'm glad you saw the mix the same way I did :D

IamLukas

Reaction score
Very cool experimental track dude!
Really enjoyed the listening :yesway:.

')