New Member Here - Any K-7 Users?

• Thread starter Chris Feener
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Feener

Reaction score
Don't know if this really belongs here, but I'm a member of tons of other boards such as Dream Theater, John Petrucci, Jeff Kollman, Line 6, Mike Portnoy, Megadeth, etc., and I just wanted to say hello to you guys as I just ordered my K-7 BG. Can't wait for it to arrive, it's my first 7 string, after being a 6 string junkie for years. Anyone have any opinions on this guitar? ..And if possible, post some pics?

Thanks, if I'm breaking any rules feel free to kick me in the nuts :fawk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
Super nice guitar, but opinions are split on the inlay. But the ones I've played were top notch instruments, and they sound great. The ideal RG for me, if it weren't for the inlay.

It's not that it's Korn, I just don't like sig models that "advertise" the endorsee.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Welcome! I too, dont care for the inlay but im sure the guitar rocks though i've never played one. I would love to play one though. :yesway:

Shikaru

Mechanical Thunder
Contributor
Reaction score
pauly-bobs said:
Pssssst, this dude can PLAY!
Damn right :hbang:

I watched that LTE video from the school showcase. Man, it's disturbing how similar the stage and general vibe was thinking back to playing a school showcase at my old school. 'Cept we were shit in comparison to these guys though :bowdown:

Also, I always thought our Vacant was the one from the JP forum :p

Nik

Arrogant asshole
Reaction score
Yay, welcome Vacant! I'm Shred at the DT boards and I've always admired your amazing skill ;)

Welcome to the 7 community.

ajdehoogh

blarg
Contributor
Reaction score
:nutkick: You sir have been kicked in the balls!!

J/k, Welcome to the boards. I have that same guitar. I like it! :hbang:

dav2321

Reaction score
Welcome, I have a Firespeak Blue one and am pretty impressed with it. The inlay dosent bother me. I may change the bridge PU eventually (really like the Blaze custom). The trem stays in tune and feels solid. I'll put up a few pics later.

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
File me in the "Great Guitar, hate the inlay" group as well. I'd still love to own one regardless, they really are very nice.

I'm just not one for someone else's logo on my guitar. The PRS Tremonti is another great example. Gorgeous axe, save the fact that it has his name plastered across the fretboard.

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Chris Feener said:
Thanks, if I'm breaking any rules feel free to kick me in the nuts :fawk:

:lol: Not against the rules at all and we haven't had to kick anyone in the nuts yet, but occasionally we make someone drink warm cans of PBR if they get out of line. :agreed:

CyBerAliEn

Reaction score
I love my K7!

I put some pics up of mine awhile ago, check them out if you want:

Edit---the site just told me I can't post URLs to another site until after I have 15 posts :rolleyes:, lol... so I guess you'll have to wait awhile to see the pics.

And the inlay won't affect your playing. Like yourself, I even kinda like it, lol... it's "weird" looking lol

The thing that attracted me to the K7 was I liked the RG body design. Compared it to the other 7-strings Ibanez offered, and I liked the features it came with... mohagony body, lo-pro edge, smoothest/nicest neck I've ever played, etc. Just liked it most.

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
I have a mahogany RG 7-string (RG2027), similar in many specs to the K-7. Great guitars, great tones. I love mine, and extend my welcome to our board. :wavey:

guitarist-1

Shred Metal
Reaction score
This week I will get my K-7 in fire spark blue. This is my first seven string guitar and I love it. It will be awesome for shredding due to the UV neck, U-bar, Paf 7 pickups... The K-7 inlay is cool. It looks
strange, but I don't care, I only care about the awesome neck.
I can't wait to get it and start playing:shred: :hbang:

Papa Shank

Be-otch
Reaction score
I'm just waiting on my cheque to clear so that I can have the mint K-7 I won on ebay sent to me, so I'm expecting it *hopefully* by the end of the week, or the start of next week.

If I really can't stand the inlay I'll just cover it up with some tape or something that won't effect playability.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Take of that fretboard and put a piece of ebony in there and you have one of the nicest production ibanez 7's, would be my opinion.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
A lot of new guys showing up with K-7's. Cool. :wavey:

I hate to be trendy, but I feel the exact same way. I'd love to own one of those as a beater rhythm axe, and when they eventually get cleared out at like $600 by Musician's Friend (I'm keeping my fingers crossed, anyway), I'll try to grab one. The inlay's annoying, though, but that just means its a perfect candidate for a replacement flamed maple fretboard. :D

')