New Member Here - Any K-7 Users?

• Thread starter Chris Feener
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

guitarist-1

Shred Metal
Reaction score
Drew said:
A lot of new guys showing up with K-7's. Cool. :wavey:
I hate to be trendy, but I feel the exact same way. I'd love to own one of those as a beater rhythm axe, and when they eventually get cleared out at like $600 by Musician's Friend (I'm keeping my fingers crossed, anyway), I'll try to grab one. The inlay's annoying, though, but that just means its a perfect candidate for a replacement flamed maple fretboard. :D

How much does it cost??

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

CyBerAliEn

Reaction score
Right now it retails around $1,500.

I bought mine right around $1,400 new, and that was only about a year ago. Seems the price went up, not down, lol...

CyBerAliEn

Reaction score
Seems I can finally post pics & links now. :)

Here's a bunch of pics I took of my K7 some time ago. Tried taking a pic of all its "features"... filename should explain what it is:

http://www.planetubh.com/core/permtemp/k7pics/

Aside from, my friend sent me these pics today, they're pretty nice:

me04.jpg

^lol...

me05.jpg

^I wanna know how he got the lights to do that "swoosh" :(

me06.jpg

^Lights look nice in this too.

Sorry for any repeats :D ... some of these have been posted over at UG at some point.

guitarist-1

Shred Metal
Reaction score
This guitar is awesome. How do the side dots glow, they are supposed to glow in the dark right??
My K-7 will be in fire spark blue. I hope I get it as soon as possible.

CyBerAliEn

Reaction score
In the pics folder I linked to, there is a pic showing the side of the dots.

You ever had a watch that has the hands where they glow in the dark? Well, it seems to me its the same material (looks the same, and its the same greenish-color).

Anyway, if you keep the guitar in a case or in a room or something, they'll never glow. I'm pretty sure they need UV light to "light up". I bring it outside into the sun, and when I bring inside or under dark, it glows like crazy (you'll know where the dot is, lol). Not sure how long it lasts really, but I was outside once for like 4-5 minutes, came inside with it, and it was glowing pretty good after about 20 mins of playing, but then I had to go, so I'm not sure how much longer after that.

Roland777

Reaction score
CyBerAliEn said:
Anyway, if you keep the guitar in a case or in a room or something, they'll never glow. I'm pretty sure they need UV light to "light up". I bring it outside into the sun, and when I bring inside or under dark, it glows like crazy (you'll know where the dot is, lol). Not sure how long it lasts really, but I was outside once for like 4-5 minutes, came inside with it, and it was glowing pretty good after about 20 mins of playing, but then I had to go, so I'm not sure how much longer after that.

Basically the same stuff as the plastic fluorescent toys I used to play with ages ago... "Glow in the dark side-dots"... bah! I was expecting LED-lights! (When I first heard of the model, that is)

guitarist-1

Shred Metal
Reaction score
Roland777 said:
Basically the same stuff as the plastic fluorescent toys I used to play with ages ago... "Glow in the dark side-dots"... bah! I was expecting LED-lights! (When I first heard of the model, that is)

A guitar with LED lights would cost a lot more. What that matters is that the side dots glow.:cool:

jski7

Reaction score
Had one , loved it , got rid of it , and now I hate myself . I'll be getting another one when I can afford it , that's for sure . Maybe even both colors (I had the FB) . You just can't go wrong with mahogany and seven strings IMO . As far as the inlay , I didn't find it confusing at all . Just remember that it covers 3 frets and the " - " in the "K-7" is the twelfth fret .

telecaster90

Smokestack Lightning
Contributor
Reaction score
Hey bro, it's drummer_2112 from the DT boards. Glad to see you checked the link I posted!

ajdehoogh

blarg
Contributor
Reaction score
jski7 said:
Had one , loved it , got rid of it , and now I hate myself . I'll be getting another one when I can afford it , that's for sure . Maybe even both colors (I had the FB) . You just can't go wrong with mahogany and seven strings IMO . As far as the inlay , I didn't find it confusing at all . Just remember that it covers 3 frets and the " - " in the "K-7" is the twelfth fret .

I plan on doing the same thing. I want to get an FB put some different pups in it for variety! :hbang:

')