New Mesa Boogie Day!

• Thread starter HarryLikesProg
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HarryLikesProg

Reaction score

after a couple of years with the axe fx ultra, my favourite tones were always the mesa amp sims. so i decided to get the real thing. its great to have an actual amp again. as much as i loved the convenience of gigging with the axe fx, there was a hole in my heart yearning for the growl and punch of an all tube half stack. this thing sounds amazing and has a great classic heavy tone.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kwirk

The Wrong Advices
Reaction score
Ahh, such a lovely amp. I sold my MKIV for my Axe FX. Well I had both at the same time, but couldn't justify keeping it when my Axe nailed the MKIV 99% accurately (plus other perks, which was the plus). I'm sure I'll pick up another MKIV down the road.

Daf57

5 7s in 4ths
Reaction score
ooooh nice, dude!! If I ever get to where I'm gigging again that's what I want! Definitely worth the trouble of hauling around. Congrats!

LuizPauloDT

Reaction score
:cool:
Awesome man, congrats!

after a couple of years with the axe fx ultra, my favourite tones were always the mesa amp sims. so i decided to get the real thing. its great to have an actual amp again. as much as i loved the convenience of gigging with the axe fx, there was a hole in my heart yearning for the growl and punch of an all tube half stack. this thing sounds amazing and has a great classic heavy tone.

Same history as mine, but instead of the Ultra I had an AXE FX Standard and instead of the Mark IV I bought a Mark V. :hbang:

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
Congrats!! my all time favorite amp.
I sold mine when I got my Axe II because that is one amp model the Axe II does really well.
I wish I had the need for another one, I do occasionally miss running the real thing thru a recto cab.

viesczy

Reaction score
You've so made the sh!t list scoring a MRAK series! Hate you! Seriously! ;-)

Congrats!

I'd love to have a Mark IV or Mark V. Just go great with my Road King II... right?

Derek

')