New Mesa Rectifier Model Coming Out

• Thread starter AlexWadeWC
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AlexWadeWC

Reaction score
Straight from my artist rep at Mesa Boogie:

"We have a newly designed recto coming out. where are you recording? You gotta check it out. brighter and more closely related to the 2 channel. 3 channels, 100/50 watt switch, greatly improved Raw mode, clean is huge now."

Definitely cannot wait to check this out. If it's more like the old 2 channels then I might be game. :hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Pretty cool.

Peavey, take note and tinker with the 5150.

warlock7strEMG

Reaction score
mesa has been listening to what people are wanting in their rectos obviously!!! very cool to hear!!!! i miss the days of the 2 channel recto, that was the amp that turned me on to tube amps, so if it really is what they are claiming, including the improved raw mode and clean channel then this will be a must have amp for me for sure :D

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
I have the 2 channel I bought it new in like '01 from Guitar Center in SF. I love it! I will never get rid of it. Recorded all our songs straight into it: Simoom (New Track Up!) on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads I always hear about how its different sounding somehow from the newer 3 channel but Ive never gotten to test em both loud enough. Improved Clean channel sounds awesome! Ive been needing a backup head for when we tour and this may be it. Good news.

7 Dying Trees

Forum MVP
Reaction score
7th Ethereal Plane of interstellar hell, Innit Bru
Awesome, will be interesting to hear :) I played a triple rec at a show a few months back, and by god, was it awesome, and got me interested in rectifiers again. If this is better than the three channel triple, then it'll be really interesting to hear! The rectifier line is due an update, oh, and mesa:

MAKE THE FX LOOP SWITCHABLE between parallell and series, or at least make it series as standard

DC23

Reaction score
I'm so excited by this. Sold my old Mesa Rec a little while back and all in all, it was awesome. So I will definitely be looking into this!

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
I wonder how it'll compare to the roadster?

DC23

Reaction score
midi? We can dream. Either way I think I will hold off buying an amp until I see this thing! Anyone know if it's gonna be released at namm this year or if it's still in the works?

suffo20

Reaction score
I always liked the early mesa 2 channel recto. But the new rectos have a loose flubby low end that just sucks to me. I have played some of the 50 watt rectos that sounded damn good. Im glad to hear about the news. I will check it out when they hit the stores. :hbang:

Latest posts

')