New Mesa Rectifier Model Coming Out

• Thread starter AlexWadeWC
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TasmanSam

Reaction score
Have you played a Splawn? :flame:

They really should start actually building a tubescreamer type unit into the rectifiers front end. I gotta admit after owning a dual for 10 years and selling it for a Nitro there are sometimes days I miss the sheer brutality of the Recto over the clinical clear nature of the Nitro. The mesas really are crushing with the right boost and a fair amount of tweaking.
even if they did, people would still chuck a boost in front of it to see what happens haha

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
I've played 2 amps that had no benefit from a boost: an ENGL powerball, and a VHT Pittbull CLX - and the TS would change the voicing a touch on the VHT, but it didn't get any tighter lol.

tuttermuts

Reaction score
Any more news/confirming on this amp at all?

edit: ok nvm, somehow I looked over the other topic while digging this one up...

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
The Dual and Triple Recs are now BETTER? :eek:

I'll have to hear to believe, but boy oh boy am I excited to hear!

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
"better" is dependent upon taste.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I'll believe it when I see it, but this is promising. I had a 2 channel Recto for many many years. It was nice, nothing I'd really need to get again but definitely much better than the stuff they've been putting out in the last 10 years. I'll check it out at NAMM!

Sepultorture

Murder Machine
Reaction score
after reading some of the new info on the new DR/TR's coming out, i must say they definitely improved a few things for options, also the series FX loop is a nice touch

i look forward to testing this in a store

newamerikangospel

Tonight.......you
Reaction score
Yeah, it seems that Mesa has made a three channel dual and triple rectifier Roadking (taking out channel two, and having "cloning" on the gain channels) :shrug:

Sepultorture

Murder Machine
Reaction score
from looking at the link i just read they have a dual and triple recto head, never saw anything about a roadking update

-Nolly-

Reaction score
I've never been a fan of 3-channel Rectos but it sounds like Mesa has listened to their customers and attempted to meet their demands so it'll be interesting to try the new versions.

newamerikangospel

Tonight.......you
Reaction score
from looking at the link i just read they have a dual and triple recto head, never saw anything about a roadking update

Well, I am looking at

The channel assignable power section
The description of the clean tone
The "cloning" that happens on the gain channels

To me it sounds like a three channel roadking, with the rectifier tone stack (there is a slight variation that I perceived between the two). Not saying this is a bad thing, but I can see this being a kind of 5150/6505 thing (people saying the old 5150s are better than the 6505) :shrug: . Just have to wait and see.

Sepultorture

Murder Machine
Reaction score
people have been saying the same about the old two channels as well, it will always be like that in our world, something new comes out, the older one was better

that black leather option on the rectos is a nice touch

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Well, I am looking at

The channel assignable power section
The description of the clean tone
The "cloning" that happens on the gain channels

To me it sounds like a three channel roadking, with the rectifier tone stack (there is a slight variation that I perceived between the two). Not saying this is a bad thing, but I can see this being a kind of 5150/6505 thing (people saying the old 5150s are better than the 6505) :shrug: . Just have to wait and see.

assignable power: roadster feature. clean tone: roadster feature. cloning: 2ch feature. :yesway:

BlindingLight7

Needs moar Gear.....
Reaction score
Just so you all know, Alex posted a link to a pic of it on his twitter, now go find it, I'm not helping you!

')