New MESHUGGAH Ibanez 8 string signature model WOOT!

• Thread starter FrancescoFiligoi
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

FrancescoFiligoi

Guitarist in Within Destruction / Abiogenesis
Reaction score
I think this one deserves its own thread

m8mz.jpg

Specs are awesome, I wonder how high the price would be :/

5piece maple/bubinga Prestige neck thru
alder wings
edge-III bridge
Lundgren M8 bridge
29.4" scale

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ralphy1976

1 less ERGNESS
Reaction score
Disappointed... ibanez is cashing on meshuggah, another black guitar with its ugly head

For me it is a fail... But I am sure it will reach way over $2g

Marv Attaxx

Reaction score
Finally!
Better start saving now :lol:
EDIT: the whole catalog looks awesome :yesway:
EDIT EDIT: except the new mick thomson guitars. I prefer his RG.
RG2228 with D-activators ftw!

DavidLopezJr

Reaction score
Hopefully it doesn't cost much over $2000.
Most likely not at all. The fact only that it has a Lundgren in it will drive the price up. Scale length is probably the most interesting spec on this guitar for me. 29.4? I've never heard of Meshuggah going with this scale length so makes me wonder why they choice it. (inb4causethatswhattheywanted) Also where did that tuning come from? Is that what Meshuggah is tuning to on the new album?

celticelk

Reaction score
Looks pretty cool, if you're into that superstrat thing. If it sells well, maybe it will encourage the release of more longer-scale instruments, and everyone can stop bitching about how much they hate 27" 8-strings. =)

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
Most likely not at all. The fact only that it has a Lundgren in it will drive the price up. Scale length is probably the most interesting spec on this guitar for me. 29.4? I've never heard of Meshuggah going with this scale length so makes me wonder why they choice it. (inb4causethatswhattheywanted) Also where did that tuning come from? Is that what Meshuggah is tuning to on the new album?

Remember this is Ibanez, and as much as I love em they charge a bit more than they should for some models. The 2228 was damn expensive despite it's specs, so you can be sure this will be quite expensive compared to that.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
Disappointed... ibanez is cashing on meshuggah, another black guitar with its ugly head

For me it is a fail... But I am sure it will reach way over $2g

Meh... They had me at the 2228 anyway. AND they seem to be planning to release a passive pickup'd version of it so it might not be that bad. Plus the 2228 has a scale length I'm more interested in. All in all I think it's cool they have a variety of 8 strings to choose from now even if they don't have a lot of interesting colors.

I'm also one to refinish a guitar in a heartbeat, so that might also have something to do with why I don't care what color it is. Most ppl only plan pickup swaps when they buy Ibbys. I typically plan a pickup swap AND a paint job/refinishing of some sort. :lol:

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Remember this is Ibanez, and as much as I love em they charge a bit more than they should for some models. The 2228 was damn expensive despite it's specs, so you can be sure this will be quite expensive compared to that.

It was expensive compared to the cheap Korean and Chinese made 8-strings that were so popular on here.

If you want to see expensive, look at the $4k ESP STEF8. :lol:

I see this guitar being in the $3k range, mainly because it's a signature model with some pretty exact specs. They will sell though. Look at all the guys who spent $$$$ more on custom builders to make them "Meshuggah Special" models.

FrancescoFiligoi

Guitarist in Within Destruction / Abiogenesis
Reaction score

I guess the bridge and pickup are a little behind their usual position, so that the scale is 29.4" but the actual lenght from bridge to nut resembles the sound of a 30". Just guessing eh....

DavidLopezJr

Reaction score
O sorry if I worded what I wanted to say wrong. I meant that I really don't see it at all be under $2000. Biggest thing that will drive the price is simply who its a signature of and the Lundgrens.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
It was expensive compared to the cheap Korean and Chinese made 8-strings that were so popular on here.

If you want to see expensive, look at the $4k ESP STEF8. :lol:

I see this guitar being in the $3k range, mainly because it's a signature model with some pretty exact specs. They will sell though. Look at all the guys who spent $$$$ more on custom builders to make them "Meshuggah Special" models.

Okay it's expensive to some of us. :lol: But yeah you're right as usual.

')