New MESHUGGAH Ibanez 8 string signature model WOOT!

• Thread starter FrancescoFiligoi
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Goatchrist

Reaction score
Awesome, but since I don't have too much money and I really want a neck pickup I guess I still go with the rg2228(dactivator).

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Sepultorture

Murder Machine
Reaction score
as much as i just spanked my shit all over my computer screen, i don't ACTUALLY see myself busing that axe, i'm far too picky, and when it comes to sigs like this, it will be retardedly espensive and i won't end up getting it cus of specs and price, although that wouldn't stop me from playing one as i would fucking love to

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
Why the hell isn't this an Iceman? :noway: :lol: I don't know where they got those specs or that tuning, and the paint doesn't look the same as the finishes on their guitars. It still seems like a pretty damn cool guitar, though. I want one, but I don't think a $4000+ guitar is in the cards for me right now, so I'll eagerly wait for a few to hit the used market.

Zonk Knuckle

Contributor
Reaction score
The only thing really unique to this guitar is the scale length. I'm sure even with an extremely high price, they'll still sell, since they probably won't make that many of them.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
Why the hell isn't this an Iceman? :noway: :lol: I don't know where they got those specs or that tuning, and the paint doesn't look the same as the finishes on their guitars. It still seems like a pretty damn cool guitar, though. I want one, but I don't think a $4000+ guitar is in the cards for me right now, so I'll eagerly wait for a few to hit the used market.

Pretty sure Meshuggah have used alder bodied 8s for a few years now, and they've always been neck-throughs. As for the Iceman, they weren't too keen on the 8 string Iceman which is why you don't see it as often.

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
Im betting it will be between $3100-$3600 at least. The RG2228 is $2000. Add $800 cause its a sig, $200 for the alder, $200 for the Lundgren and about $300 cause its extended scale and you have a $3500 guitar at least. I absolutely will be buying one, 27" is good enough but this is the first quality 8 string with a legit scale length for recording a low E and having it sound as clear as it can.

Justin Bailey

Reaction score
I don't know why, but no matter how pretentious or corksniffery I become, I will never hate a simple black guitar. I really dig this signature. Too bad I'll never own one.

Considering how well affordable 8's sell, and how much that same market seems to enjoy meshuggah, I think we'll probably see a budget version at some point.

Spaceman_Spiff

Contributor
Reaction score
The guitar is pretty sweet, and I am a HUGE Ibanez fanboy, but IMO that is just disgusting money for a piece of wood with some metal.

I have played a couple j-customs and the craftmanship is EXCELLENT, but they just aren't worth that much more than production guitars IMO.

If you're gonna spend upwards of 5k for a guitar, go with a full custom and get more for your money.

Greatoliver

Looking to windward
Reaction score
That is awesome.

But actually, give me a RG2228 and I'd be happy. The scale may be a bit too extreme, and I like having a neck pup :shrug:

Still, so awesome!

Knossos

Tone Douche
Reaction score
To guys questioning the tuning, it's standard down a semitone, same as Meshuggah
have always tuned. Read it backwards.

So fucking tasty.

djinn314

Reaction score
I think this one deserves its own thread

m8mz.jpg

Specs are awesome, I wonder how high the price would be :/

5piece maple/bubinga Prestige neck thru
alder wings
edge-III bridge
Lundgren M8 bridge
29.4" scale
tuning: DAFCGDAF

I'm hammered as fuck right now, but dude you just made my day better WORD! something else to save up for! :hbang:

Latest posts

')