New MESHUGGAH Ibanez 8 string signature model WOOT!

• Thread starter FrancescoFiligoi
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Greatoliver

Looking to windward
Reaction score
Is it just me or does that finish kind of resemble a faded black?

Yeah it does look like that... Assuming it's pretty much a copy of their LACS models, the finish is kinda faded and quite thin. You can see where it's worn through, I could never ever do that to my RG7620 :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

FrancescoFiligoi

Guitarist in Within Destruction / Abiogenesis
Reaction score
folks, we have 2 options:

save up for a "djentastic" meshuggah ibanez,
or wait and rot for an meshuggah chibanez

or buy a custom USA made Carvin DC800 for a fraction of the RG2228? Oh wait, I already did it.

Ageispolis

Reaction score
Most likely not at all. The fact only that it has a Lundgren in it will drive the price up. Scale length is probably the most interesting spec on this guitar for me. 29.4? I've never heard of Meshuggah going with this scale length so makes me wonder why they choice it. (inb4causethatswhattheywanted) Also where did that tuning come from? Is that what Meshuggah is tuning to on the new album?

I remember a really old video of Frederik and Marten saying their scale length was 30. or 29. Can't remember.

TMM

UUDDLRLRBAStart
Reaction score
Cool to see a 'stock' Ibanez with a Lundgren.

VILARIKA

Reaction score
I wonder what the quality comparison would be between this and the Carvin 8. I'd like to say there is no way that the Ibanez is actually worth the extra thousands you have to pay, but who knows. I guess making it a signature series adds to the price.

FrancescoFiligoi

Reaction score
I wonder what the quality comparison would be between this and the Carvin 8. I'd like to say there is no way that the Ibanez is actually worth the extra thousands you have to pay, but who knows. I guess making it a signature series adds to the price.

For sure the quality of this signature model will be amazing, but to say it will play better than FOUR Carvin DC800s I could buy instead of it.....

VILARIKA

Reaction score
For sure the quality of this signature model will be amazing, but to say it will play better than FOUR Carvin DC800s I could buy instead of it.....

I can't decide which is more ridiculous, the fact that Carvin has so many options for an 8 string guitar with a price that is unbelievable, or that Ibanez is charging almost ten thousand for a guitar that quite frankly is "strict" in terms of possibilities :scratch:

FrancescoFiligoi

Reaction score
I can't decide which is more ridiculous, the fact that Carvin has so many options for an 8 string guitar with a price that is unbelievable, or that Ibanez is charging almost ten thousand for a guitar that quite frankly is "strict" in terms of possibilities :scratch:

needs a meme, NOW!

Unknown Doodl3.2

look at each other..
Reaction score
People can't read.

the guitar will be a little less than 5k, NOT 8k.

Kudos to Ibanez for finally making it, and double kudos for making it spec-for-spec like Meshuggah's guitars, from the build location all the way to the string gauge.

thatguy5557123

Reaction score
strictly 7 will build you one for around 2k...just saying, i know it wouldnt be officil or ibanez but for half price id rather two strictly sevens, or 4 bare bones carvins, or two 2228s, or like 4 modded rga8, or a few agiles, or a strandberg, or a, well you get the idea, and i love meshuggah

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
People can't read.

Kudos to Ibanez for finally making it, and double kudos for making it spec-for-spec like Meshuggah's guitars, from the build location all the way to the string gauge.

Not the build location. These will be made in Japan and theirs are made in Los Angeles at the Ibanez Custom Shop unless I missed something. But yeah, I was going to blame Ibanez for the GAS but Id like to personally thank and blame everyone who bought an RG2228 for showing Ibanez that there is serious interest, without you guys, Id bet Ibanez would never have done this. They must have been testing the waters with the RG2228 and received a great response and now we have this.

MTech

Banned
Reaction score

That's list but you're right...just like the other guy posted you could get several carvins or a few ustoms for the same price from other people. I even asked Bernie & he said he could do one to that spec w/ the M8 for $2800 so if the retail is what people are guessing you could almost get 2 handbuilt ones for the price of one.

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
People can't read.

Even so, that's a retarded price for a black stain Ibanez RG body even if the neck (without any inlay) is made by the best luthiers in the world. If I was spending 5KUSD (again) for a guitar, I'd certainly want more than that for my money. Maybe my Amfisound spoiled me, I don't know.

Perplexed-Perception

Reaction score
if there orignal scale is 30 and a half something like that and they tune to F standard then the specs aren' really mushuggah's real specs apart from the lundgren m8 and the half assed finsh unless they have changed all there specs and tuning? :scratch:

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
if there orignal scale is 30 and a half something like that and they tune to F standard then the specs aren' really mushuggah's real specs apart from the lundgren m8 and the half assed finsh unless they have changed all there specs and tuning? :scratch:

Yes, 1.1" of scale and tuning (which, can be changed :nuts:) makes it a completely different instrument. :rofl:

Latest posts

')