New metallica song posted on myspace

• Thread starter WarriorOfMetal
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bulletbass man

Classical & Metal
Reaction score
Holy crap that mix sounded terrible. Atleast with Bob Rock when they wrote shitty music it sounded decent.

The snare is nearly as terrible as ST. Anger

What terrible harmonized riffs. That was utter crap.

Screw Metallica.

Oh and love is a four letter word. Seriously. What the fuck is that.

God I remember seeing better songs at middle school battle of the bands.

ohio_eric

Contributor
Reaction score
Wow, that song sucked. It was just flat out awful. I think I'll skip the Vagina Album.

Reaction score
Step in the direction, I didn't think James could do vocals that high anymore. Not the best, but its ok....atleast the beginning of the song. The solo is kinda dragging along....(still listening to it). Lets hope thats not the final version hahahaha.

Metallica sure kicks ass playing some Mercyful Fate though

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
cliff-startlogga.jpg

Rolling in his grave.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I heard their new song today, sounded alot like stuff they put out before St. Anger. It was alright but after the black album, I never liked their stuff. :shrug: Metallica was my favorite band for the longest too, especially during And Justice For All. :metal:

ballr4lyf

Reaction score
I heard their new song today, sounded alot like stuff they put out before St. Anger. It was alright but after the black album, I never liked their stuff. :shrug: Metallica was my favorite band for the longest too, especially during And Justice For All. :metal:

QFT... It sound too Load[of crap]-ish to me.

TheAceOfSpades1

Reaction score
Some parts were okay I guess. Nothing special. Defiantely doesn't live up to the older stuff. But seriously you can't really expect that from these guys anymore.

MerlinTKD

EIght.Fold.Path / Hinge Theory
Contributor
Reaction score
I find some of the bashing amusing...

...like, 'wow, Lars' drumming sucks now, not like The Old Days'!
- Newsflash: Lars' drumming hasn't changed one iota in over 20 years; for all his bitching about things sounding 'stock', he plays the same fucking beats and fills on every album. In the 'Old Days', the mix was so full of reverb, it was just hard to tell (which was a good thing!).

...like, 'wow, James puts "-AH" on the end of everything now, not like The Old Days'!
- I went back and listened... it's there, sure enough, on RTL and MOP; again, it's hard to tell because of the mix (well, and it is ridiculously exaggerated now, I'll admit)

...like, 'wow James can't hit high notes' or 'wow Kirk's solos suck' or whatever else... please remember two things: one, what they played twenty years ago was new and original, it's going to sound dated now no matter how well they (re)do it; and two, THEY'RE OLD! :lol: They aren't and never were the creative geniuses they've been made out to be. They were at the first curl of a new genre, and did it well enough to essentially define that genre... and to give them credit, they even tried to grow and evolve (not that anyone would give them credit, god no, that might interrupt the devout hero worship).

Granted, their success at growing and evolving... well... to say it's been hit and miss would be extremely generous. :rolleyes: Are they putting out music now because their creativity demands it, or because they miss the spotlight, or because they need the money? No way of knowing... though I doubt it's the last, and I think the first was essentially Jason Newstead's reason for leaving.

Are these two new songs good? Eh, they're okay, in my opinion. Not good enough to spend $15-20 buying it, though I might pick it up once it hits the used record stores. Could they do better? I honestly don't know... they have done better, but like many people, creative people, athletic people, all kinds of people... sometimes they hit their peak early and then fade, and that's just the way it is. To my mind, the peak should be honored, the fade acknowledged, but to expect lightning to strike twice - especially this particular Lightning - seems unfair.

They could have folded up shop when Cliff died. Should they have? I dunno... if they had, we wouldn't have any of the Garage Days recordings, no Black, Load or ReLoad either (shut up, some people like those! :fawk:). I give them credit for forging ahead. If they didn't hit the mark they aimed for... that's a story to be mourned, but not hated.

Regor

Double Edge FTW
Contributor
Reaction score
Just heard it on the radio on the way home form work today.

Song sucks.

OT: NO! Metallica cannot have Paul Bostaph!! Have you guys heard the new Testament CD?? I saw them at the Metal Masters tour, and bought "The Formation of Damnation" and I gotta say WOAH!!!!! Fucking killer shit!!

Testament >>>>>>>>> Metallica

Dwellingers

Reaction score
I thinks its Cool - nice ballad. Reason for et being the first single is they are filming it for a video, premering in late august i think. the have release some footage and stuff from cyanide so its not really the first single....

The Echthros

Stupid, apparently
Reaction score
I can't say it sucks. it's sounds like what it is: METALLICA...and it's signs that they may have written the most inspired stuff they've written since black album era metallica; I do enjoy it.

I do have my own complaints though much as anyone else

1. They sound way too much like the guys they were ripping off in the old days IE Motorhead, Misfits, someone noted Blue Oyster Cult. If you took the same song and stuck Lemmy on vocals i think it'd be more fitting!

2. The production of the song sucks. I think if anything its the production of the least popular metallica albums that make em suck. I think, production wise, the black album was their most kick ass album. everytime I listen to that album it sounds like it would if you were listening to them at a stadium. This new super pristine minimalistic sound is what is showing their weaknesses of the most. I agree with some in saying they were there all along they are just more noticeable in an album like St Anger and this one coming out.

3. The guitar tones flat out suck. Now they've never had an awesome guitar tone, in my opinion, but they DID have a signature tone. a super hot fucking modded marshall or mesa IS the metallica tone. Now we have James using Kranks and for a while now Diezel and Kirk using Randalls...the tone is shot to shit. The diezel is way too whoofy the way James is using it on this new song and all over St. Anger. When I think diezel i think more of a player like Adam Jones who has a super tight percussive and bottom heavy tone...I dont think James Hetfield. And the MTS is a good amp series...but it has a certain amount of fry to it I just dont find savory. not Kirk's best tone in my opinion. he should really stick to the modded marshall and TS7 and he'd be good to go.

rant over. still good shit. glad I heard it. ready to hear some more!

drmosh

Sir Paul of the Mosh
Contributor
Reaction score
this is awful, what a terrible clean guitar tone :(

actually, what a terrible guitar tone all round.

HeavyMetal4Ever

Reaction score
Looking objectively, no matter who it was by, that song just plain sucked. The fact that it was Metallica ripping off their own weakest material makes it even worse.

It went a long way to confirming my suspicion that Death Magnetic will be complete shit.

Latest posts

')