New Metallica song

• Thread starter Chris
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
OOOOOOH it sucks :D

I think someone posted this like, 3 months ago lol

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
It's not as bad as I'd figured it'd be. Thoughts:

- Hetfield just can't sing anymore, period. His voice is done and he sounds horrible.
- Hammet with the @#$%#$% wah again, but at least he steps off partway through.
- Trujillo just doesn't look right with them.
- Lars's playing in that vid is actually pretty badass.

Mastodon

Songs about My Cats
Reaction score
Yeah someone posted the mp3 of it.

Old people sure do look funny when they "rock out" and wear very tight jeans.

Mr. S

tacos?
Reaction score
they played that at download :fawk:

i quite liked it then, but the more i listen to it the less intresting it seems, i mean yeah it has a solo but it does feel like its dragging in parts..

but hell its a step forward for them i guess

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
Man... I even liked St. Anger. I wanted to like this...

But I have to second Ken. *Grimace* (There's a word for Mr. Admini-Bot.) I think it is pretty stinky. My opinion, of course. I guess Lars wasn't too bad, and like is usual, their guitar tone was pretty decent sounding, I think. You know that look you get on your face when you smell something bad, and you're trying to figure out what it is, and where it's coming from? Well, that's me after listening to this song. Honestly. :lol:

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
Yeah. I remember when this first got posted on here. I thought "Well, it's a step in the right direction, but it still sucks."

Chris said:

I have always thought that. Since the day he joined the band, I just thought, "This guy looks like one of the last people I'd imagine in Metallica..." They're finished anyway. I can't even listen to lives of their old stuff anymore because I hate Hetfield's "new" singing style (it's not really "new", but I mean, it's new when compared to his MOP, AJFA, RTL, etc. singing style).

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Chris said:
It's not as bad as I'd figured it'd be. Thoughts:
- Hetfield just can't sing anymore, period. His voice is done and he sounds horrible.
- Hammet with the @#$%#$% wah again, but at least he steps off partway through.
- Lars's playing in that vid is actually pretty badass.
:lol: Hammett and the wah, no shit, still I thought his solo wasn't all that bad, nice riffage too.

Heavy tune and I bet it was cool to be there, Lars' drum sound sounds huge, I really can't get into Hetfield's vocals at all on this new stuff. :noplease:

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
Hetfield's grandpa old-man-of-the-mountain goatee was pretty funny. the song i thought was ok.

Mr. S

tacos?
Reaction score
Shawn said:
I really can't get into Hetfield's vocals at all on this new stuff. :noplease:

me nither...

Hetfields voice these days remind me of Duff man

Duff_Man.png

"Metallica loves you! OH YEEEAH!"

[/on topic]

i would like to think that this could be the last metallica album, but i guess they'll keep going untill theyre no longer commercially viable, i mean they are more of a business then a band now, oh well :rolleyes:

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
Mr. S said:
...but i guess they'll keep going untill theyre no longer commercially viable...
at that point, they may actually produce some real "art" again ;)

Mastodon

Songs about My Cats
Reaction score
That no one will buy because they've ripped their credibillity to shreds by that point.

steve777

Reaction score
Mastodon said:
That no one will buy because they've ripped their credibillity to shreds by that point.

Hell, they ripped their credibility to shreds 10 years ago. Metallica all died after the "....And Justice For All" Tour and were replaced by imposters. I am convinced of this!

Cyberi4n

Reaction score
Saw them at Download this year - awesome live act, their performance was second to none!

I wish they'd just roll over and give up tho - its the same stuff (more or less) as they were doing 20 years ago - and lets face it Korn and the deftones in 20 years time will sound just as lame as Metallica do now. The metal world moves on quickly and it just seems that these guys have been left behind.

I agree that they've lost their credibility, and are stale!!! The great Metallica is now a corporate machine not a band! They should wheel them out to play all their big hits (I'm sure they'll do this till they get too old) but they're not doing anything original anymore, and their new stuff just sounds dated!!!! This track would sit nicely on the black album - and how long ago was that written????

And yes, that new bassist certainly looks weird in the band!

Vince

Contributor
Reaction score
Cyberi4n said:
Saw them at Download this year - awesome live act, their performance was second to none!

o rly?

Cyberi4n said:
I wish they'd just roll over and give up tho - its the same stuff (more or less) as they were doing 20 years ago

:scratch: I'd have to disagree. If it were anything close to the material they used to be capable of, I think we'd all be fans of them. They have only been repeating themselves for the past 10 years or so IMO. This song sounds like what a previous poster called "Load with double bass."

Cyberi4n said:
- and lets face it Korn and the deftones in 20 years time will sound just as lame as Metallica do now.

must....resist....urge....to shit all over.....Cyberi4n's taste in music....:flame:

Aw fuck it, those bands sound pretty damn lame now, fuck 20 years from now :lol:

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
desertdweller said:
:scratch: I'd have to disagree. If it were anything close to the material they used to be capable of, I think we'd all be fans of them. They have only been repeating themselves for the past 10 years or so IMO. This song sounds like what a previous poster called "Load with double bass."

+10000 :agreed:

I would love Metallica's new stuff if it sounded anything like "...And Justice For All" or "Ride The Lightning." I don't want them to sound "exactly the same" but I think if they took the same type of progression and evolution they did from Kill 'Em All to Ride the Lightning to Master of Puppets to Justice instead of starting to suck and devolve (or just plain sell out. I think Black Album is okay and has some good songs on it, but... eh), I'd still be a big fan of theirs now and not just a fan of what they used to be. I think of Saint Anger as the exact opposite and antithesis of AJFA.

I can think of some ways I wish Metallica would have evolved into.

This is just my opinion though. I really respect a lot of people who love Saint Anger, but I personally can't find much worth listening to on it.

Korbain

Stay negative!
Reaction score
i don't think its all that bad. but then its a huge step up from st anger lol. anything is better than that god awful piece of shit. his vocals are still the same,. but the music is phat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
')