New Metallica song

• Thread starter Chris
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyberi4n

Reaction score
desertdweller said:
must....resist....urge....to shit all over.....Cyberi4n's taste in music....:flame:
Aw fuck it, those bands sound pretty damn lame now, fuck 20 years from now :lol:

Cheers dude!!! Did I mention that these bands form part of my musical taste?? Or simply that they form the current crop of metal? And did I ask you to crap over my musical taste?

Ah you have more posts than me and are in a band with a MySpazz page therefore your opinions MUST be MORE valid than mine right??

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
Toshiro said:
What year are you living in? 1998? Current crop my ass.

Ha ha. Good point, Toshiro. :lol:

I can agree that those bands could be his musical taste. But "current crop"? :lol:

Cyberi4n

Reaction score
Toshiro said:
What year are you living in? 1998? Current crop my ass.

hmmm sorry, the fact that they still release albums and still appear on the bill at shows like Download, would that not make them fairly current?

wow it appears that I've touched on some raw nerves here doesn't it!

Toshiro

Contributor
Reaction score
Cyberi4n said:
hmmm sorry, the fact that they still release albums and still appear on the bill at shows like Download, would that not make them fairly current?
wow it appears that I've touched on some raw nerves here doesn't it!

I believe this sums it up nicely:

:point:

Cyberi4n

Reaction score
Toshiro said:
I believe this sums it up nicely:
:point:
lol wtf is your point exactly?
And since when did this turn into a personal attack on me? I simply express a dislike for Metallica and the way they've sold out to their fans over the years?!?!
I read in another thread that you hate Korn and Limp Bizkit - well that's fair enough - we all have our musical differences, but hey yours is just an opinion, as is mine, no MORE or LESS important!
You guys need to lighen up and go get a life - how many posts have you made Toshiro? You ought to get out more - suprised you have time to play guitar if you've managed to make that many posts :lol:

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
Cyberi4n said:
You guys need to lighen up and go get a life - how many posts have you made Toshiro? You ought to get out more - suprised you have time to play guitar if you've managed to make that many posts :lol:

Now I'm not attacking you about this. I think you have just as much of a right for your opinion, but you do notice that you have an average of 2 posts a day and Toshiro has an average of about 3 posts a day? I don't see how the difference of 1 more post a day than you disables him from playing guitar. :)

Cyberi4n

Reaction score
Naren said:
Now I'm not attacking you about this. I think you have just as much of a right for your opinion, but you do notice that you have an average of 2 posts a day and Toshiro has an average of about 3 posts a day? I don't see how the difference of 1 more post a day than you disables him from playing guitar. :)

Agreed - in my defence it was meant to be a tongue in cheek comment :cool:

Toshiro

Contributor
Reaction score
Cyberi4n said:
lol wtf is your point exactly?
And since when did this turn into a personal attack on me? I simply express a dislike for Metallica and the way they've sold out to their fans over the years?!?!
I read in another thread that you hate Korn and Limp Bizkit - well that's fair enough - we all have our musical differences, but hey yours is just an opinion, as is mine, no MORE or LESS important!

You made a silly comment, we pointed it out to you. For the getting out more? After calling Korn and Deftones the "current crop"? You're kidding right? Nu-Metal's day is over for the most past. If you want to chase the next trend, look up some metal-core. Personally, I don't consider mainstream trends to be a good judge of what's good in music.

Cyberi4n

Reaction score
Toshiro said:
You made a silly comment, we pointed it out to you. For the getting out more? After calling Korn and Deftones the "current crop"? You're kidding right? Nu-Metal's day is over for the most past. If you want to chase the next trend, look up some metal-core. Personally, I don't consider mainstream trends to be a good judge of what's good in music.

Sorry, what exactly was the "silly comment" that I made?
You define Nu-Metal as being over for the most part, implying that I chase trends without really knowing much about me or what I listen to. You'd be surprised but I dont consider mainstream trends to be a good judge of what's good in music.

So tell me, what makes YOU the expert anyway?

Toshiro

Contributor
Reaction score
Cyberi4n said:

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/showpost.php?p=219720&postcount=22

Cyberi4n said:
You define Nu-Metal as being over for the most part, implying that I chase trends without really knowing much about me or what I listen to. You'd be surprised but I dont consider mainstream trends to be a good judge of what's good in music.
So tell me, what makes YOU the expert anyway?

Oh, I love it, you can make off handed remarks about my social life, tell me I would be better off playing more guitar, make fun of desertdweller for having a band on Myspace, but if someone makes assumtions about you based on comments in this thread out of your very mouth... Well, I must be an expert in music to be critical of you, therefore I'll stop here..

Cyberi4n

Reaction score
Toshiro said:
Dude you really have a big chip on your shoulder dont you, that you feel its pick on the noob day!!! Are you having a bad day? Got out of bed on the wrong side? Or simply feel that your opinions are more important than anyone else's? Can you give me one good reason why I should stick around her with people like you treating those other community members with disdain?

And what exactly is so wrong with calling bands like The Deftones and Korn current? Whether you like it or not (and you so obviously dont - you've made no secret of that!!!) Nu-Metal bands are a dam sight MORE current than the likes of Metallica. Dont like it? Fine, dont listen to it! But is it really worth slating those that do? Man you leave a bad taste in my mouth! At the end of the day we're all guitarists, here because of our love of guitar music - maybe you'd do well to remember that!

Toshiro said:
http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/showpost.php?p=219720&postcount=22
Oh, I love it, you can make off handed remarks about my social life, tell me I would be better off playing more guitar, make fun of desertdweller for having a band on Myspace, but if someone makes assumtions about you based on comments in this thread out of your very mouth... Well, I must be an expert in music to be critical of you, therefore I'll stop here..

I made fun of desertdweller because he decided to get personal with me, as did you!!! The last page and half of this thread is nothing to do with Metallica's new song, but an attack on my musical taste!!! You seem to assume that because I'm a noob around here that I must be clueless about music?!! Sorry guys but if you cant dish it dont take it! I make a simple comment about the validity of Metallica's music and my own musical taste gets ripped to sh*t in the process! I did nothing to deserve that!

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
Mastodon said:
That no one will buy because they've ripped their credibillity to shreds by that point.
the, "i'm not going to buy this band's next album because the last one sucked," thought is a pretty piss poor attitude, bro. give them a chance first, don't jump to conclusions ;)
jumptoconclusionsmat.jpg

Cyberi4n

Reaction score
Leon said:
the, "i'm not going to buy this band's next album because the last one sucked," thought is a pretty piss poor attitude, bro. give them a chance first, don't jump to conclusions ;)
jumptoconclusionsmat.jpg

Very very true, although I suppose it does come down to how many chances are you willing to give a band? I suppose that the other side of the coin is that there are those that will buy an album by a band regardless of how good/bad its become!

Still, if you dont like it you can always stick it on ebay, although if its a cr$p album there will be plenty of competition and you wouldn't get much for it! If you've bought it you may as well hang on to it - I find that albums that I dont like tend to grow on me if left for a few months...

Toshiro

Contributor
Reaction score
Cyberi4n said:
And what exactly is so wrong with calling bands like The Deftones and Korn current?

Maybe because your basis for this was:

Since Metallica played Download in the last year, and has CDs as recent as those 2 bands, you don't find this theory just a bit off?

Current crop means new and currently mainstream. None of these bands are the current crop. It's not a personal attack, it has nothing to do with you as person. I can not word this any better, and I won't. Insult me, I don't fucking care.

Cyberi4n

Reaction score
Toshiro said:
Maybe because your basis for this was:
Since Metallica played Download in the last year, and has CDs as recent as those 2 bands, you don't find this theory just a bit off?
Current crop means new. None of these bands are the current crop. It's not a personal attack, it has nothing to do with you as person. I can not word this any better, and I won't. Insult me, I don't fucking care.

Dude I have no reason to insult you - you're a fellow guitarist, and you admit on another thread that you love maiden, which is totally cool! I can't even be arsed anymore.

Current Crop implies things that are current. New Implies things that haven't been done before - so you're not strictly correct, but as you're American I'll let you off :cool:

**Runs for cover - it was just a joke :wavey: **

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Cyberi4n said:

:(

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
Cyberi4n said:
I made fun of desertdweller because he decided to get personal with me, as did you!!! The last page and half of this thread is nothing to do with Metallica's new song, but an attack on my musical taste!!! You seem to assume that because I'm a noob around here that I must be clueless about music?!! Sorry guys but if you cant dish it dont take it! I make a simple comment about the validity of Metallica's music and my own musical taste gets ripped to sh*t in the process! I did nothing to deserve that!
allow me to get personal :D. if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen :fawk:

Status
Not open for further replies.
')