New Metallica: The Lords of Summer

• Thread starter Sofos
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Zalbu

More time than skill
Reaction score
I have to say one thing though, James' tone is on point. It's interesting that his Snakebyte guitar only is 24.75 inches with 22 frets, too.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
It's also one of the ugliest guitars I've ever seen. Ugh.

It grew on me, and now I actually prefer it over the ESP EX shape by... a lot. :lol: Still would prefer an ESP EXP/MX, but the Snakebyte is the next best thing, IMO.

Don Vito

Reaction score
It's interesting that his Snakebyte guitar only is 24.75 inches with 22 frets, too.
reminded me of this
e5699a1c.jpg

Zalbu

More time than skill
Reaction score
reminded me of this
Nah, I just figured that he'd want more tension for the rhythm work and tight downpicking he does. But preferences are preferences, it's his sig. :agreed:

RevelGTR

Reaction score
I love Metallica dearly, but I can't imagine a scenario in which I would be in the mood for something like this and not pick something from their earlier albums. Just me.

Itchyman

Reaction score
Leper Messiah + Death Magnetic = Lords of Summer. Not in a bad way.

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
Nah, I just figured that he'd want more tension for the rhythm work and tight downpicking he does. But preferences are preferences, it's his sig. :agreed:
Dunno, I don't think he ever used anything else. Vs and Explorers are 22 frets 24.75 and I guess all his ESP models actually are ? The truckster is, the KLs are, and I'd bet the old MXes are, too.

Beat Poet

Reaction score
Sounds a little underdeveloped to me, so it'll no doubt end up being cannibalised like New Song 1 and New Song 2 I imagine.

')