New mix, Axe-Fx content! (Full band w/vocals)

• Thread starter JohnIce
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JohnIce

Singlecoil Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I put up another mix for slaughter, the song is called Barren but Lucky, by my band Rhinestone. Please let me know what you think! :metal:

The guitars are my custom Warmoth soloist (left side) and a Fender Tele (right side), both going into the Axe-Fx, using the FAS Crunch and Plexi models.

SoundClick artist: Rhinestone - page with MP3 music downloads

Opinions, please! Even if you hate it! :yesway:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

polloymedio

yamyamyam
Reaction score
great tone man!!!! nice mix and production!!! :D im a bit distracted by the singer's pronunciation though,for me that is the bump in the road.

JohnIce

Singlecoil Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks, guys! :cheers: Yeah, our singer isn't the best english speaker (I'm the one who writes the lyrics), but he's working on it :yesway: Over the recording process of this EP, he's the one who's done the most improvements by far.

Valserp

Only plays 1 string
Reaction score
Really cool and moody!
Reminded me of "Noone Knows" by Queens of the stone age. Not by composition, but by the mood.

Tones are kickass.

Restless World

Can't Escape...
Reaction score
Sounds friggin good overall.
Vocals are great! I would only lower them a li'l bit, or bring up a bit the guitars.
:yesway:

AngelVivaldi

Contributor
Reaction score
I smell TELES!! I straight up sweat your tone dude, very impressed.

The production, the songwriting/arrangement, everything is fucking killer. Sounds like it's a lot of fun being in that band, just the vibe I got.

JohnIce

Singlecoil Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haha cheers for listening and commenting, guys! :cheers:

@AngelVivaldi: Awesome, dude :lol: Yeah can't go wrong with a Tele. For some reason, its lack of features makes it one of the most versatile guitars :)

And yeah, we do have a lot of fun in this band! It started out as a bunch of metal musicians who got tired of playing teh br00talz all the time, and we were all going to music school and learning a bunch of theory and studied different genres so we wanted to make something of it... and we were all friends and hanging out all the time anyway, so it made sense to just go all the way and form a band together. :)

As a side note, here's our bass player's other band: :lol:

JohnIce

Singlecoil Enthusiast
Reaction score
Killer tone yet again! :metal:
This is the first pop-ish record that I would actually buy :lol:

Haha well that's great to hear :cheers: You won't have to though, we'll put it up for free download just for promotion's sake. If we happen to get signed with this EP we'll probably re-record the whole thing anyway. :) I'll send you a link when the mixing is done and we've uploaded it in higher quality. :yesway:

Fzau

Unleash the proggies
Reaction score
Haha well that's great to hear :cheers: You won't have to though, we'll put it up for free download just for promotion's sake. If we happen to get signed with this EP we'll probably re-record the whole thing anyway. :) I'll send you a link when the mixing is done and we've uploaded it in higher quality. :yesway:

Zoepah! :yesway:
Looking forward hearing the EP!

Reaction score
That sounds awesome!! I love that kind of tone.

The vocals sound particularly good. Didn't hear any pronunciation issues either, in fact you should work in more Swedish accent into it!

JohnIce

Singlecoil Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cheers for the nice comments, guys! :cheers:

:agreed: The mix sounds great. I'm looking forward to hearing the whole EP. :cool:

Thanks man! I've noticed that a lot of J-rock fans also seems to like this band :scratch: Maybe it's because my rhythm tone is mostly based on Sugizo's tone, I don't know :lol:

The EP is done now, although I've only put up the link for my band members so far so they can get a final say before we release it. It's close though :) Until then, you can hear the songs in shitty myspace quality on www.myspace.com/rhinestonetheband

:cheers:

JohnIce

Singlecoil Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks again, guys :) I didn't expect this kind of response, especially not on a "metal-oriented" forum, I really appreciate it! :metal: EP should be coming out in the upcoming week or so, and we're shooting two live songs in a TV studio on Tuesday! :)

')