New Mix, New Song, Opinions needed!

• Thread starter Raindrop Collector
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Raindrop Collector

Reaction score
Yo dudes, been busy as ever with college finals BUT I would love some opinions on this one... It's one that compositionally I'm fairly proud of, and hope you all can see why! It's instrumental at the moment, but one day I would love for a brave vocalist to work some magic over it.

As far as gear goes I stayed away from instrument sims and ended up recording all guitars using a good old fashioned SM-58 and a buttload of time to make sure the sounds were good coming out of the speakers. Drums were a sample set I did with my buddies kit in my basement. But I digress, let me know what you think! 1000 Thanks in advance! :metal:

https://soundcloud.com/raindropcollector/acceptor

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Wow that solo at the end there almost has a Shawn lane sound to it which I wouldn't ever expect anyone to sound like him but I thought of him when I heard it. Cool song

Vicious6circle

Reaction score
Sounds amazing. Guitars are damn tight!

But somehow it feels/sounds like there is no real center and the whole sound comes from left and right ?!? May my ears are tired of mixing ....

Raindrop Collector

Reaction score
Hey guys,
thanks so much everyone for the comments... I truly appreciate it!
I'm totally blown away that I would get a Shawn Lane comparison, never thought that would ever happen in a million years! I was going for a really reedy/Holdsworthian tone for that and sort of improvised the best I could.

For dirty guitars all you're hearing is an Egnater Vengeance with a Decimator in the loop and a Green Rhino out front. For whatever reason the Egnater gets a bad rep on the net. From my experience it's easily the most versatile head I've ever owned: I'd personally have it over an ENGL any day (but then again I am a tweaker). The cab I used was a Matamp 4x12 with the stock Hot 100 drivers replaced with some old vintage 30's I got a great deal on. Guitar I am using is a stock EBMM JP6 in Bb,G,C,F,A,D-Easilly the coolest guitar I've ever had the pleasure of playing, those Crunchlabs are metal as all hell. The rest of the guitars were done by playing around with the Vengeance and a yamaha multi effect unit.

I believe you're hearing a Mid/Side processor I was playing around with (and forgot to pull off before I rendered XD ) But even still, I think once (if ever) a vocalist is added to the equation the balance of the mix will resolve itself. The music is relatively guitar focused as well, that may also add to the lack of center. Anyhow thanks again you guys... I'm hoping by the end of the year to put together an EP of sorts, so please be on the lookout for that if ya liked what you heard :) !

Latest posts

')