New mockups! Infinity 7's for your eyeballs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Variant

Banned
Reaction score
Hot on the heels of my high-res redux of the ∞8 lineup, I have heeded the requests of many here, and in a few other forums, to expand the Infinity bodyshape (back) to the much loved seven-string format. So, here you are, four ∞7 mockups in an array of varied finishes dredged from the mire of my brain. :cool:

A lot of people were asking for a trans-white model in seven string and/or with and ebony board, so let it be written (er... illustrated)! I opted for a regular (non-figured) maple top here as a change from the quilt on the ∞8 model. Also, I had to do a maple fingerboard model for all those deprived by Ibanez's secret hatred of maple fingerboards... and I basically went all-natural with the motif, ditching the maple top & headstock veneer to expose the neck-through stripes, and finishing the understated nature of the theme with vintage silver hardware. :agreed: The other two designs are a deep violet over quilt with some contrasting Vai/Gilbert-flamboyant chrome orange appointments (I know, some will hate :shrug:), and a variation on the RG-Metal scheme applied to an ∞7, except darker and thoroughly clear coated. Me likes this one very much. :yesway:

All the illustrations get passive pickups as they're what most buyers would opt for and I did the first two models as 27.0" baritone scaled, while the latter two are a conventional 25.5" just to mix things up a bit. Anywho, oogle some more of my fantasyland guitars and let me know what you all think! :wavey:

Infinity7lineupdigitalpostsize.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

B Lopez

Vescere bracis meis.
Reaction score
Dude, those are badass. Makes me GAS for something that half-way exists :lol:

I like what the last one's fingerboard is made of :metal:

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
:hbang:

nice body shape - reminds me of an S mixed with an RG with insane edges.

eelblack2

Fewel
Contributor
Reaction score
Funny the natural one is very similar to one I have had in process for a year now. Glad to see someone else would make similar choices.

JEM_UV.jpg

Neck is the one with no inlays and is heavily flamed/quilted:

newneck.jpg

Doing a reverse 7 headstock as well.

Another similarity is that I actually have a Gray PAf7 from a K7 to stick in the neck.

Variant

Banned
Reaction score
Those look amazing. How much work is it to modify a finish? Do you just exchange the layer (presuming you're using Photoshop)?

It can be simple, depending on the finish... others are more difficult especially stuff with patterns.

If it's not too much trouble, I'd like to see a mockup with 'Egyptian Smoke' color that EBMM put on some of their instruments. http://www.basscentral.com/musicman/musicman/MM_BONG4_HH_ES_PYTH_FB.JPG_tn.jpg

Sure, I'll consider for my next run of illustrations. I thought about a sand color (more like Caparison's though). Is that EBMM color just a solid brown-goldish or is that a blackburst from the edges? It's hard to tell in such a small picture.

Thomas

Stranger
Reaction score
Sure, I'll consider for my next run of illustrations. I thought about a sand color (more like Caparison's though). Is that EBMM color just a solid brown-goldish or is that a blackburst from the edges? It's hard to tell in such a small picture.

It's just a solid color, no burst. Would an RGB value of what I had in mind be of any use? The problem with photos is that the lighting can change the perceived hue significantly.

One more thing, aren't the fretboards supposed to have a 'real' fretboard wood? Looks like the top and bottom mockups share their body's finish. :scratch:

Plaschkes

Israeli 8 Stringer
Contributor
Reaction score
Awesome body shape, and I really like the maple one, looks ridiculously shmexy.

Egyptian Smoke is a very varied color. Mine looks nothing like he pictures in question, you can see my pics of my JP7 in ES for refernce here.

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I officially hate you for making drawings of guitars that I can't have. :lol:

Variant

Banned
Reaction score
One more thing, aren't the fretboards supposed to have a 'real' fretboard wood? Looks like the top and bottom mockups share their body's finish. :scratch:

Quilted maple isn't a "real" wood? :scratch: They're just matched to the body and headstock, that's all (except for the Infinity metal, which would have the metal coating on the board... that'd be an interesting manufacture :ugh: ... Edit: yeah, probably not realistic, switched it to ebony1 :))

BTW, here's a link to the thread on the eights for those of you who may be browsing this thread and didn't see the original designs in the "extended range" section of ss.org:
http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/extended-range-guitars/27699-allrighty-my-signature-ibanez-eight-rm8.html

Scarve

Reaction score
Man, I need you to do a mock up for me please, you're tha shit!!! Well, if you're willing, first of all. I've been asking a dude on ESP forums as well. I need to be able to do that kind of stuff. Very handy before building a guitar. Anyway, here are the specs for my custom

Ibanez 7

Neck :

Scale 25.5, 24 frets
Reversed Headstock, Satin Black with Black binding
Black Gotoh's
Ebony Fretboard, No markers, Black Binding

Body :

RGA-7 ( arched top )
Mate dark wine red, if it makes sense. Between black and red, deep wine red.
EMG 81-7/60-7 ( will be blackouts anyway ). No p-up rings
Black Tune-o-Matic with strings thru body
Black volume know, Black 3 way switch

Thanks man!

p.s. A version with black nickel hardware would be the sh*t as well

p.p.s Maybe you could try it with your Infinity body. Pure sex!!!

Brandon

Azlgaf
Reaction score
those guitars rock. honestly, they look good enough to be productions. i think we should convince ibanez to make them.:idea:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

')