New Muse song "The 2nd Law: Unsustainable"

• Thread starter piggins411
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

piggins411

Reaction score
This is the dupstep-ish song included in the album trailer:

Not bad. Pretty interesting that much of it was done with a guitar

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mgh

Betwixt and Between
Reaction score
think this is pretty damn great.

tbb529

Reaction score
This sounds like subpar movie soundtrack music with random dubstep thrown in. I can't imagine it'd be very interesting to watch live... What happened to you, Muse?? I even liked The Resistance.

Nerd Destroyer

Reaction score
2:00-2:50 was pretty alright but the rest of it sounded totally dildos.

Muse is one of the few bands where I can actually say I own hard copies of all their albums. Hope this one somehow sucks less than the resistance did.

flint757

Reaction score
Meh. Very mediocre IMO. Leave dubstep to those who can do it well. I appreciate there willingness to branch out, but I can't help thinking they are bandwagoning as it feels quite uninspired. It tis a shame as I like some dubstep and I like Muse, but lets keep it separate. :lol:

tavio123

Reaction score
i think if it was just the orchestra as the truck minus the guitar dubstep, the song would absolutely beautiful and amazing. The way it is though is pretty cool because, like piggins said, the fact that the dub was made using matts guitar. matts a fucking genius and i will always love muse :)

amonb

Les Paul Fever
Contributor
Reaction score
Just sounded like Muse to me... the dubstep was a small component of the track, and I didn't think it sounded too far removed from "Matt's wacky guitar noodling" that has been on every Muse album...

Captain_Awesome

Cloudwalker
Reaction score
I was quite enjoying it until the lady came on and then the dubstep kicked in. The cutting up of her voice only serves as an annoyance when you think that they were obviously trying to make a lyrical point. The dubstep itself is mediocre, it's exactly the kind of groove I'd expect from an Enter Shikari song and I really, really dislike Enter Shikari. Literally, you could replace 'unsustainable' with 'destabalise.'

TankJon666

Reaction score
I like it but I do think this is definitely more of a filler track. He's done some cool shit with his guitar though ...who needs a synth when you can have a GUITAR ...synth

fps

Kit
Reaction score
They lost me when they ran out of riffs, I think that was at the end of album number 3. Not gonna bother listening. Shame.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
I still think it doesn't work. It sounds like really poorly done dubstep. It doesn't have any groove or heavy feel, and just falls flat. All the things that Dubstep relies on to get that heavy feel is lacking from this song's dubstep parts.

Equivoke

dickbut
Reaction score
Weird choice if this is the single. Song was ok, hopefully the rest of the album isn't quite like this.

')