New Music Man Neck Through Guitar Design

• Thread starter MaxOfMetal
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SkapocalypseNow

Coffee Cups?
Reaction score
A place with stuff and things and people. Just kid
Not sure if want yet. Talk to me when there's a surf green and trans white one.

EDIT:
vwsec0.png

Hmmm... I'm pretty sure I like that, but then again, I like old looking stuff. :shrug:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Danukenator

Kane's Bane
Reaction score
I think they went about this wrong. Imagine a flamed maple front set neck...whatever and a mahogany body with a flamed maple cap. The colors could compliment each other and create a cool effect.

On the other hand they could make it a seven string with a purple finish and every member on the forum would eat it up. :lol:

bob123

Banned
Reaction score
Im stirring up shit (subtle but yes) on the ernie ball forum about this. I will see what mr ball has to say about all this. So far he's passing it off as "usual negative criticism".

I said "very novel approach to the single cut. Guitar is getting a lot of criticism on the net for its strange paint job though. Any chance on it coming out in just a "normal" top, or is the "V" shape mandatory? If so, its not my cup of tea."

He responds with "Bob it is what it is and its also getting a lot of praise...I can tell you one thing....after almost 30 years...ANYTHING new is met with one part acceptance 2 parts apathy and a whole lot of not liking it....This time we actually have more that like it than dont...

The JP Bfr was the biggest bitch fest when we introduced it and it is now one of the all time greatest selling music mans...WIl this be? who knows."

Sounds like they are just "trying shit out" so to speak. IF thats the case, then power to them!

Furtive Glance

Unfamiliar with the type of thing I’m seeing.
Reaction score
The only thing people complained about with the BFR line was the painted neck and the BFR inlay, and even that was pretty minor. I'm seeing a lot more negative "praise" for this one than those. I saw your post there and lol'd.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
I love the look of most of Music Man's instruments, from the JP to the Axis to the Bongo. This, however, just rubs me the wrong way.

For pics, go here on EBMM's official site: Armada

I can't even find any on Google. :scratch:

What do you all think? Hopefully some of you like it, because to me, this is approaching Firebird-X levels of tacky. :lol:

JEngelking

Gravity is Shifting!
Reaction score
I don't actually mind it, I wouldn't say it's that bad. That said it's probably my least favorite Ernie Ball guitar that I've seen. I"m sure there's people who this appeals to, it just doesn't quite float my boat personally. :shrug:

rew

Reaction score
neck through, eh? like that stallion that we're all waiting to see...

Jake

GAS Master
Reaction score
Oh god it's back, I tried to wipe it from my memory since the last time it was posted here :ugh:

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
It's different. I'll give it that. Not my thing, but it's not horrible. Definitely no reverse V or Explorer. LOL

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
I respect the fact they're trying to do something different, but it just looks weird to me.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Ah, the "pizza slice" guitar.

They first teased this back in March. I'm guessing it'll be launched as a production model at NAMM?

ZEBOV

Banned
Reaction score
The only thing that makes the Firebird X worse was the on board effects and Bluetooth. This is just as tacky though.

RevelGTR

Reaction score
I remember reading that they were talking about guitars with neck thru/set neck. I admit this isn't exactly what I was expecting.

Lagtastic

Five Align
Reaction score
After reading the thread title I expected pictures of a bunch of people holding EBMM guitars clogging up a street.

Philligan

The White-Knuckler
Contributor
Reaction score
Interesting shape. Still not sure how I feel about it. The tops, however, contrast awesomely :yesway:

DTSH

Reaction score
I think I'd like it more if it was just two colors, with binding in between the triangle and the rest of the body. Maybe that'll be an option if that thing lasts more than a year.

')