New NIN album up to play on myspace...all of it!!

• Thread starter Korbain
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Korbain

Stay negative!
Reaction score
All of Nine Inch nails new album is up to play on their myspace...i'm really digging it. But hey thats me, i'm a hardcore NIN fan. I just think its something different, but with a cool old school touch too it. Its hard to describe...but yes!
http://www.myspace.com/nin

PS. if you hate NIN don't post here unless its constructive, eg "NIN fucking suck" lol creative :hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ok, let me say first that I like NIN.

Unfortunately I'm listening to this and am to track 10 and this album is just really mediocre. Even so I thanked you for pointing out this was up :lol:

fathead

Cranius Deformus
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. He had the songs on his website the other day but I ran out time and forgot to go back.

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
I love NIN so there's definitely no bashing on my part. I agree with Technomancer though, it's sadly very mediocre. I don't like it at all.

Rev.

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Just listened to about 30 minutes of it at lunch, they're playing the whole thing on the radio up here.

I think it sucks. :noway: It's the same old boring, sequenced nonsense that Reznor's been putting out for the last 10 years. Cheeseball beats with him halfassedly talking over them with some weird noise just doesn't strike me as inspirational.

smueske

Reaction score
Not crazy about the first three songs but the rest of it is pretty killer. I do prefer the older NIN but I think he's trying to explore new territory. I liked With Teeth too. He ran a lot of the synths into a miced Marshall, really went for a stripped down sound. I see this album as an extension of that but more sonically adventurous. Honestly, I wish he'd just let go and have an album that rips but I think, as an artist, he exploring worlds of minimalism right now.

Korbain

Stay negative!
Reaction score
aww i like it. Its different, but keeping to the NIN roots. I like that. But, hey we're all different :hbang: Go NIN

huber

Contributor
Reaction score
Wikipedia the album and check out some of the non-musical parts of the album. He's trying to do more than just music with this. He rigged this album with random twists using websites that were set up really well.

Korbain

Stay negative!
Reaction score
Wikipedia the album and check out some of the non-musical parts of the album. He's trying to do more than just music with this. He rigged this album with random twists using websites that were set up really well.

yeh its like some whole game he's set up. Its frigin insane lol the sites are pretty kewl too :hbang:

b3n

...Is unacceptable.
Contributor
Reaction score
I've only listened to a couple of tracks but so far this album hasn't changed my opinion that he peaked creatively in the mid 90s...

Hopefully the rest of the album will kick my ass though :rolleye:

Variant

Banned
Reaction score
Okay... I'm admittedly an appropriator of a good part of Reznor's body of works (more as a fan of his compositional, experimental, and ambiance, than as a fan of industrial music, which I very much am!) and... well... there's not much here to really get swept into. A few moments here and there. I'm afraid that Trent may just be one of those guys that has to be tormented and in the narrows to make good music. For my money, 'The Fragile' was a stellar piece of work, while 'Broken' and 'The Downward Spiral' had a lot to offer as well, if for different reasons... but this, like the last one ('With Teeth') is just bland, for the most part. There are moments, but few and far between. I can't say I'll be buying it.

Wiz

Reaction score
Okay... I'm admittedly an appropriator of a good part of Reznor's body of works (more as a fan of his compositional, experimental, and ambiance, than as a fan of industrial music, which I very much am!) and... well... there's not much here to really get swept into. A few moments here and there. I'm afraid that Trent may just be one of those guys that has to be tormented and in the narrows to make good music. For my money, 'The Fragile' was a stellar piece of work, while 'Broken' and 'The Downward Spiral' had a lot to offer as well, if for different reasons... but this, like the last one ('With Teeth') is just bland, for the most part. There are moments, but few and far between. I can't say I'll be buying it.

Yeah I agree almost completely with all of that.

')