New Obscura song: Vortex Omnivium

• Thread starter OrsusMetal
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
I was kind of "meh" (liked it at first, then forgot about it) on Cosmogenesis, but I really like this song. A lot. :yesway:

JTL

ss.org lurker
Reaction score
I dunno what it is but the vox just don't do it for me. If they were lower and more guttural I think it would sound better. He doesn't seem to have much of a range with his vocal either which hinders him. Great bass playing but I get bored with obscura after about 30 seconds. Hopefully the new album does well tho, I'll give it a listen no matter what tho.

leftyguitarjoe

Correct-handed
Reaction score
I liked the first 2 albums. This one isnt doing it for me so far. I'm cool with waiting for the next one.

Selkoid

Reaction score
Been listening to alot of Cosmogenesis lately, I can't wait for the album!

DanielKRego

Reaction score
Thank you, I was hoping they put up a track from the album soon. Obscura was a masterpiece to me, that brought a sense of humaneness and emotion to modern progressive/technical death metal, so I'm really stoked for the new album.

groph

Reaction score
This is the kind of death metal you need to listen to whilst wearing a sumptuous bathrobe, sipping fine cognac.

I'm not a fan of tech-death for the most part but I am enjoying the melody in this quite a bit. The fretless bass fits their sound so well.

')