New (old) guy

• Thread starter Axiom Divine
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What's up everyone!

I discovered this forum when I spontaneously decided to get a 7 string. I'm 30 yrs old, married and have 3 kids, so I'm blessed to have a supportive wife that allows me to buy my "toys".

That being said, I couldn't justify spending alot of money, so I bought an RG7321 and a green Dimarzzio Blaze pickup. I thought, "How cool to have a guitar that looks like those black and green Universes Korn used to play". Turns out after searching these forums for info on installing the pickup, I found out my idea was VERY original.:lol:

Anyways, I got the guitar and saw these forums in January and since then, due to this AWESOME community and site, I have:

-obtained my first 7 string
-installed my first pickup
-learned what Djent is (knew for awhile as it turns out, just never knew it had a name)
-discovered Bulb
-discovered Keith Merrow (my daughter's favorite song is Pillar of Creation, and my 4 yr old son's favorite is Titan:hbang:

I've been playing since I was 14, so technically I should sound insane on the guitar and know alot more than I do, but alas, that is not the case. My skills could use a great deal of improvement, but I think I've picked up more on this site in a couple of weeks than I have anywhere else the past 2 years. You guys rock!

Happy to officially be a part of this site and forum!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BigPhi84

Pronounced "FEE"
Reaction score
Welcome to the site. Enjoy, learn as much as you can from the guys, and learn to use the "thumbs up" and "scales" rep system. Also, try to remain civil, we don't generally tolerate douch-baggy attitudes like HCAF.

:welcome:

Presence76

Reaction score
Welcome aboard! I'm "old" too, older than you in fact, 34, (a week into my 34th year), with 4 kids and a wife who still lets me buy "toys" but it takes a little more convincing! I bet you're better than you give yourself credit for...

DIOBOLIC5150

Reaction score
Welcome! ...and hey dude, you're not old yet! I'm gonna be 30 this year, have a wife and kid.. all that stuff. Its great that your family supports your hobby.

Also, I think its great that your kids like my songs. Start em young!

BigPhi84

Pronounced "FEE"
Reaction score
I'm 25. In general, we have an older crowd here, not as old as the TDPRI forum though. :lol::lol::lol:

I gotta say though, the older I get, the more GAS I have for a Fender Telecaster! :scratch:

Mattmc74

Contributor
Reaction score
:welcome:

And here is a pic of my RG7421 with the same color combo.

274647e280962456e.jpg

')