New Opeth video- Burden

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ILdÐÆMcº³

Reaction score
My favorite song on the album, I didn't think they would make it into a single given it's unconventional structure and long solos. Definitely a good call though.

jaredowty

Reaction score
Cool stuff - much better than Porcelain Heart (my least favorite Opeth song and the video really wasn't anything special). The leads by all three guys are all grand.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
I thought the song itself was so-so, but the solos were awesome. Are there ANY super heavy songs on Watershed? :ugh: I absolutely LOVE Opeth's heavier albums, but every song I've heard off Watershed has been really really mellow with no death vocals and very little distortion on the guitars.

Espaul

Reaction score
Really cool! Thanks for posting :)

Opeth has gotten mellower, and I think it's because they have been playing heavy music for so long, they now feel like making a change. I like watershed, but not as much as I like many of the previous albums

Mattayus

Sir Groove-A-Lot
Contributor
Reaction score
I know PRS are amazing but I've never had a desire to play one really... Until now :ugh: Those guitars look so buttery :yum:

Mr. S

tacos?
Reaction score
I thought the song itself was so-so, but the solos were awesome. Are there ANY super heavy songs on Watershed? :ugh: I absolutely LOVE Opeth's heavier albums, but every song I've heard off Watershed has been really really mellow with no death vocals and very little distortion on the guitars.

Yeah there are heavy songs on there, they're most likely releasing the softer ones as singles to draw in a broader audience but the album does seem to have a greater amount of clean parts than normal, which is by no means a bad thing in my eyes.

Shaman

Reaction score
I personally think that their albums just keep getting better! I wouldn't mind if they dropped the whole death metal thing, and this is coming from a metal fan!

I am a huge 70's prog fan, so this might be why I prefer the style Opeth is moving towards.

I think that on a lot of songs, putting the "metal touch" in there is starting to sound forced, they doesen't sound like they are natural parts of the song, but something they "have to put in there". Yes, there still needs to be dynamics, but I personally think that Opeth's music does not require the dynamical extremes so to speak.

The video was nice and I love the song!

Of course this is only my opinion, and I understand why some people are not very fond of the new Opeth.

Justin Bailey

Reaction score
opeth videos have always been a joke, much like any music video really. All this psuedo gothic shit need to go, they should just show the band playing afaic.

Dyingsea

Reaction score
This song might make me buy this record. I was on the fence until now.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
I really like the contrast between the goth thing and their 70's looks on the video with the empty theather. It reminded me of Gary Moore's video for "The Loner", which I love. :)

m3ta1head

Contributor
Reaction score

heir apparent :squint:

:shred:

Reaction score
I dont know why so many people like Heir Apparent. I'm a gigantor Opeth fan, but i think thats a mediocre song compared to the rest of their catalog.

I do like ALOT of the solos off of Watershed though, and a good many of the riffs. But im just not digging the overall sound of alot of the songs off Watershed.

Reaction score
I didnt really like this album much, i've always enjoyed the Blackwater Park side of Opeth. But i can see people that liked Still Life alot loving this record.

progmetaldan

Reaction score
I personally think that their albums just keep getting better! I wouldn't mind if they dropped the whole death metal thing, and this is coming from a metal fan!

I am a huge 70's prog fan, so this might be why I prefer the style Opeth is moving towards.

I think that on a lot of songs, putting the "metal touch" in there is starting to sound forced, they doesen't sound like they are natural parts of the song, but something they "have to put in there". Yes, there still needs to be dynamics, but I personally think that Opeth's music does not require the dynamical extremes so to speak.

The video was nice and I love the song!

Of course this is only my opinion, and I understand why some people are not very fond of the new Opeth.

I agree, and I still like some heavier bits, but it wouldn't worry me one bit if Mikael sang only clean from now on... :flame:

But yeah I really love the 70's prog vibe that they're heading even more towards.

')