New Outworld vid's up!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Cool vids. I like this band, Rusty shreds and I think the singer is alright. Man, that Conklin is nice too. :hbang:

god_puppet

Reaction score
The new singer sounds pretty good, although I think Kelly had a better voice. Always cool to see new vids from these guys, thanks.

Splinterhead

Sojourner
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not crazy about the singers vibrato (little too wide for me) but when he drops from the banshee scream to the death growl in one breath...holy shit.

jacksonplayer

The Fusion Guy!
Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry, but the vocals ruin it for me. Painful to listen to. There's some cool material there, though.

The Dean really looks nice under the lights, even though I'd never want that graphic on my guitar. Rusty is an amazing player who is a zillion times better than I'll ever be, but he really needs to get over that harmonic minor fixation... :D

Pauly

Not so local lefty
Reaction score
Their singer looks and acts like a raven-headed David Lee Roth, lol. Hmmm I want to like Outworld, but it's all just a bit too cheesy and power metal for me. Can't criticise the playing though, ridiculous antics from all.

Cancer

Gazzmask
Reaction score
Man, that new singer is like, a MILLION times more metal than the old guy. IT's like any opportunity he gets to go heawvy he takes it. I can't wait to hear the new stuff. OUTWORLD might finally be able to get from under the PROG METAL trap they almost got themselves into.

SeanC

loves metal
Reaction score
Kick ass. I love Outworld and these are some great vids. It's very impressive how well they play those songs live. And I loved the old singer but Carlos definitely seems to fit the band better IMO.

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
Carlos is way better than the old singer, but most of the music just isn't heavy enough for him to really shine. Rusty needs to write some new tunes that are a better fit..

Michael

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I like Carlos a lot more than Kelly. Kelly was awesome and he fitted the music well, but Carlos' voice just has a little more versatility to it IMO.

Murder Soul

Reaction score
Didn't know he still used the conklin. As for outworld, I still don't care for them. Too generic/power metalish. The styles been done, nothing unique. Cooleys a great guitarist, and he's real technical, but I think his shredding is for the sake of being fast and technical, it really doesn't add anything to the music the way a shred solo would to say, Necrophagist. His sweeps don't retain a consistent sound of epicness. He goes for really low to high, and I think it sounds horrible. Just my :2c:.

petrucci_dude

teh shredz0r
Reaction score
Carlos is way better than Kelly. He can sing all of Kelly's stuff plus he can sing well clean/soft whereas Kelly wasn't that good with clean stuff, it sounded a bit weird.

The new album will be heavy but with tons of contrast. :cool:

MetalMike

IKILLUWITHMYBALDHEAD
Contributor
Reaction score
I think the new album will be great because we'll get to really hear Carlos. These videos are simply Carlos trying to imitate Kelly.

')