New p0rg m3tal (Very 7 String Oriented) Tune Here!

• Thread starter Chris Feener
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Feener

Reaction score
Haven't written anything in a while, so I decided to revamp an old idea I had. It's 100% done with the exception of part two of the guitar solo. Buuuut I'm at work and I'm bored so I figured I'd post it anyway for your enjoyment.

http://www.myspace.com/chrisfeener

It automatically plays, but if it doesn't it's called "Primal Possessions Clip".

P.S: I'm considering vocals so anything could change with regards to the structure.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jarrydn

G'day mate D:
Reaction score
Dude, that was awesome.

Great tone, awesome playing, ridiculously catchy :D

God damn you can shred :(

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
Very cool. :yesway: This is one of those songs that sounds perfectly fine without vocals. If you did add vocals, you might want put the vocals in the parts with power chords/that don't have very much distinctive lead guitar. By the way, I love the lead from around 1:30 to 2:00. The lead starting around 3:00 is just breathtaking. You've got a lot of talent.

Mastodon

Songs about My Cats
Reaction score
Nice, I agree with Naren.

Maybe put vocals in those parts he mentioned, but it definately dosn't need them.

Christopher

Total Rondo Addict!
Contributor
Reaction score
Very tasty and melodic. What's your rig on the track?

By the way, I'm adding you on Myspace, my user is Christopher.

Chris Feener

Reaction score
Thanks guys, and I'm probebly not gonna add vocals, but I'm getting a new band happening soon (With a vocalist) so I might steal some riffs from this for that!

Christopher said:
Very tasty and melodic. What's your rig on the track?

By the way, I'm adding you on Myspace, my user is Christopher.

Rig? PODXT!! wooo.. haha

JoryGriffin

Reaction score
Chris Feener said:
Thanks guys, and I'm probebly not gonna add vocals, but I'm getting a new band happening soon (With a vocalist) so I might steal some riffs from this for that!

Rig? PODXT!! wooo.. haha

p...o...d...x...t.....

That sounds incredible for a podxt... but you are an pretty good guitarist too i suppose :lol:

Thumbs Up :yesway:

keithb

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Very nice - loved the tones especially.
You've got to share those patches :)

Christopher

Total Rondo Addict!
Contributor
Reaction score
Chris Feener said:

Rig? PODXT!! wooo.. haha

Nice! As a Vetta owner and abuser I'm not actually surprised by that.

bulb

Reaction score
u suck hard
your tone is digital crap and you just sound like another korn/limp bizkit ripoff

love,

bulb

edit:podxts are teh suck, real men use fenders for high gain tones

ok fine i lie i love chris's peener!
go look at new pics of my 8 chris and know that my lack of technique will be made up for in cool-top-on-your-8-stringness!!!

Black Watch

Contributor
Reaction score
That's very good work! For the benefit of others, allow me to suggest that you post some more info on this track, such as what you recorded it with, how you mixed it and what trade offs you made when you mixed. That's some real talent there. Keep it up.

Chris Feener

Reaction score
Black Watch said:
That's very good work! For the benefit of others, allow me to suggest that you post some more info on this track, such as what you recorded it with, how you mixed it and what trade offs you made when you mixed. That's some real talent there. Keep it up.

First off, thanks dude!

As I mentioned before, all of the guitar tracks were done with a PODxt, connected to my PC via USB. The mixing was done in Nuendo 3.0, with everything I played being double tracked with the exception of solos (without harmonies) and bass guitar. I used little to no post-eq, I think I added a pretty slight but wide treble boost on rhythm guitars to brighten them up a little. And as for the bass, I used Maxbass (a plugin which came with Waves Diamond Bundle) to help with the low end because my bass sucks balls. On the overall mix I applied a light compression to tighten things up with regards to volume and frequencies.

With regards to the drums, I think it all comes down to what outputs you choose to route each drum mic to, and in EZDrummer, that's made alot.. easier! So not alot of messing around was required, besides the given snare compression/EQ, bass drum compression/EQ, and other small things such as panning, adjusting levels of room noise, and adjusting levels of ambience in each mic.

pauly-bobs said:
Ok I zoomed out a bit on scary girl, so you can see more of her pleasant face.

Bastard!

:fawk:

Latest posts

')