New Parkers for 2010

• Thread starter tian
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

pink freud

Reaction score
Without the top horn, those aren't parkers :(

Forget the top horn, where the hell is the epic neck heel? I know there is the Nitefly line, but to me, Parker guitars have the non-existent heel:

parker_rfcv_tb_body_back.jpg

Metalus

JP BFR Whore
Reaction score
Forget the top horn, where the hell is the epic neck heel? I know there is the Nitefly line, but to me, Parker guitars have the non-existent heel:

parker_rfcv_tb_body_back.jpg

Amen bro :yesway:

I personally want Adam D's model, but in a non signature version. If they make a 7 string version of that, its all over for me haha:agreed::shred:

Apophis

Banned
Reaction score
:agreed: for me it's ONLY parker like pictured above, that new line is just not for me and not for them, but of course they want to cover more of the market, so there is nothing wrong :)

gtrbmart

Reaction score
They are still going to make Dragonflys with the set neck and carbon fiber exoskeleton on the back. The two big differences aside from the HSS, maple neck, and bolt on for that specific model of Dragonfly is the body shape and a revamped trem. They're adding another "mode." I'm not really sure what it does yet but I would expect it to be another variation on the hardtail mode.

Plus, they're supposedly working on a way to tang the hardened stainless steel frets.

I don't know anyone else but I LOVE the body shape and the new headstock. Classy and still owes the majority of its design to Ken's work. I'l be getting a hardtail, set neck, HH one custom made for me eventually.

Cheesebuiscut

Loves his Q-tuners
Reaction score
Were they really that terrible?

*Sorry for the thread derail*

I played one a few times (it was all beat up in the back of a best buy) and it played freaking great. And you know how much of a picky shit I can be.

The only things that irritated me were the small frets and the tom, but the fretboard was soo smooth I didn't have as big of a problem with the small frets as I normally would have.

also It was 1000x more comfortable and just easier to play than a les paul. Imo it should have replaced les pauls all together!

Adam Of Angels

The GAS Man
Reaction score
I think these are awesome, and I think its even more awesome that there are now variations from Parker... what's with everybody booing these as if they're replacing the classic Parkers? They're not.

NDG

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not digging it. For a company that has done some innovative stuff, this feels like a step backward.

Adam Of Angels

The GAS Man
Reaction score
"You guys used to make crackers with garlic in the recipe, and cheese on them... now you're just selling plain crackers! Even if I can still buy the garlic crackers with cheese on them, your plain crackers are fucking stupid!"

-Note: this is a made up quote, because the principal behind it is too stupid to have been a genuine quote

Cheesebuiscut

Loves his Q-tuners
Reaction score
I'm missing it, pretty much every company started out with quality stuff then raised the price of that stuff and came out with lower quality stuff with purposely crap specs for cheaper prices.

Parkers were a bit niche on their own, so they came out with a version that would appeal to the masses. They are still a company...

If I had the money and was considering buying a parker the upper horn alone would kill the whole guitar for me. I don't like when my guitar keeps jabbing me in the ribs. I also like bolt ons, so this model would be way more appealing to me. I'm entirely against hanging guitars so that I could care less about but the new headstock with the 2 tone looks nice.

They could have shaped the heel waaaaay better but this model is a lot more appealing to a lot more people and addressed all the complaints people make about parkers without changing a thing to the original models.

I say good on them.

Reaction score
These are cool and all, but please tell me Parker isn't going to shoot themselves in the foot and not still make the traditional Parkers too, right??

NDG

Contributor
Reaction score
"You guys used to make crackers with garlic in the recipe, and cheese on them... now you're just selling plain crackers! Even if I can still buy the garlic crackers with cheese on them, your plain crackers are fucking stupid!"

-Note: this is a made up quote, because the principal behind it is too stupid to have been a genuine quote

"You know those delicious and unique crackers we're known for? Guess what!? We have a 'new' flavor: plain cracker. Enjoy!"

If I wanted a plain cracker, I can think of other brands I would prefer one from.

Different strokes for different folks I suppose.

Adam Of Angels

The GAS Man
Reaction score
I love Ibanez but they also make a model that has puke colors on it, and another one that has a giant hole near the middle of the body, and another one that's made of acrylic, and some that have giant EMG's on them... but I don't buy them, so I pay no attention to those, but like the fact that they have a variety available.

NDG

Contributor
Reaction score
Variety is good. I can certainly understand why they are making a more traditional guitar. It looks sleek and is bound to appeal to a lot of people, but the lack of something unconventional disappoints me a bit. I am only one person though, so I doubt it even matters. :lol:

masterblaster

Reaction score
Agreed, but they still make the regular Fly at least. If they were ti discontinue those then I'd be REALLY pissed. Well, they did discontinue the NiteFly and Fly Classic, but at least there's still the Deluxe, Mojo, Artist, Supreme, etc.

My personal favorite finish is this one (or the Lime Gold):

mojo_purp01b.jpg

Is this a new Stock color, or was this just a custom color for Namm?

')