New Pedal Day - S&K VHD

Mwoit

Reaction score
New Pedal Day - S&K VHD (based on the Ampeg VH-140C)

pEdwzg8.png

VEC6eXb.png

Not really had time to play with it but it sure does sound like a solid state amp. Pretty cool for tracking and thickening the sound. It's noisy as hell.

Signal path is:

Korg Pitchblack -> Unknown Pedal Australia Decompose -> MXR Smart Gate -> Boss Delay DM-2W -> Digitech Whammy 4 -> S&K VHD

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mwoit

Reaction score
Pictures are crap because I uploaded it onto instagram and didn't have a local copy, hah.

pearl_07

Reaction score
Nice! I just got one too, but I'm not noticing anything about mine being overly noisy:/ I'm going to upload some clips later this month comparing it to my Mark V because I think it really holds up in a unique way.

Gmork

Reaction score
I LOVE mine. Also didnt notice it to be abnormally noisey. For those interested heres a video i made comparing the vhd to my vh140. Sound is at .20 secs into the vid.
Their eq can be tweaked to sound identical. S&k have said to me that it literally IS the vh140 lead channel crammed into a pedal. Its absolutely killer

Mwoit

Reaction score
Great video man. I probably won't get round to doing a video but this is more than enough. I'm not sure what the best way to run mine through my rig. I do get that it's a clone pre-amp, but I quite like the pre-amp on my 5150 III. I might use it for either overdubs (running through the FX loop) or just in front of my amp pre-amp to make extra feedback and add more "chunk" to my riffs if I need do.

MetalDaze

Repless in Seattle
Reaction score
I have one from an earlier batch - shortly after gmork - and I thought it was a lot less noisy than other distortion pedals. Perhaps it’s just frame of reference.

Gmork

Reaction score
Just ordered the amptweaker depth finder, REALLY looking forward to adding it to my vhd on my 2nd rig!!!