New Pedalboard Day :: Pics, Audio and Video inside

• Thread starter rahul_mukerji
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

rahul_mukerji

Reaction score
Hello All !! :wavey:

I've been playing live with my current band for almost 8 years now and I've barely changed my setup in that entire time, pedal wise.

A few years back after we starting playing slightly bigger venues [where time is of the essence] I realized that I was having frequent issues setting up since I didn't really have everything prepared. At our last last gig it took me 10 mins to troubleshoot a bad cable. One time, last year, it took over 15 mins and the band started playing without me.

Well, it was time to revisit my rig ...

So I saved a little money to buy some pedals and a pedalboard. After a little research and measuring I found that the Pedaltrain 42 would fit my needs.

Come Memorial Day, here in the US, I had everything I needed, the board, the pedals and time.

So I spent the long weekend with velcro and cables and testing and without further ado, here are the pics ::

The "Before" Picture from a gig

01.jpg

Really not all that bad looking, to begin with

02.jpg

Pedalboard Arrives

03.jpg

Softcase bag !!

04.jpg

Bubble wrap, Velcro and Power Supply

05.jpg

The Pedaltrain 42

06.jpg

Power Supply

07.jpg

=====A Few Crazy Hours of Misconfiguring and Troubleshooting Later =====

The Pedalboard is complete and works without issues

08.jpg

The TOP is the Pedalboard for the Effects Loop , the BOTTOM one goes into the front of the Amp. This configuration seems to work best for my setup and sound

09.jpg

The PINK FLOYD Tin on the left, is my UTILITY box that holds Capo, EBow, extra power cable lead and miscellaneous objects for the gig. I liked the idea of having that on the board itself.

10.jpg

Pictured here with my Carvin 727

11.jpg

Pictured here with my Brian Moore Guitar

13.jpg

Signal Routing Chain and Components

14.jpg

The Routing follows the order shown below from 3 to 11

• 1 - External Power Supply for the Board
  • 2 - Joyo Power Supply for the Pedals
  • 3 - TC Electronic Nova System
  • 4 - MXR Carbon Copy Delay
  • 5 - MXR EVH Phaser
  • 6 - MXR EVH Flanger
  • 7 - Earthquaker Devices Arpanoid
  • 8 - Subdecay Quasar Quantum
  • 9 - TC Electronic Alter Ego Echo
  • 10 - Digitech Hardwire Delay
  • 11 - Digitech Polara Reverb
  • 12 - Footpedal for my Peavey 3120
  • 13 - Pink Floyd Utility Tin Box
  • 14 - Jason Becker Pick Tin
  • The little discs you see are my bands merch: magnetic bottle openers with the logo in the front. I thought that was a nice touch to have those on the board

Audio & Video Demo

And here is the Video and Audio of my Arpanoid and Subdecay Demo with the Alter Ego and Polara pedals used as well. I've tried to utilize the pedals in the context of a composition / song and not a "look what this pedal can do" Demo. So with that in mind, the video just features Audio Demo's with pictures of the settings on the Pedals, some text and some fractals. Its not a video of me tweaking each knob and playing around to see what I can do with it. There are a lot of great videos on YT that showcase the pedal and their features, so I thought I'd take this appraoch.

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed it !! :wavey:

Shameless Self Promotion:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

rahul_mukerji

Reaction score
Hi Ænima:

You should be able to see the pics, they are linked from my website so it shouldn't be blocked. I'm able to view them from work as well as home.

Can you access my website: Website

If you can access that then the pics should show up as well.

Anyone else having issues ?

PBGas

Reaction score
That is a big-a*s Board! Well done!

How is the power supply? Any noise from it?

rahul_mukerji

Reaction score
Hi PBGas:

So far there is no noise, however I have not played it through my gig amp which is stored at my practice pad. I will try it out there this weekend and let you know.

I was contemplating a Voodoo for the isolated grounds to minimize noise, but I need to see if that's really playing into my sound first. So far at home it seems fairly quiet and hum free.

Will update the thread after the weekend with results.

rahul_mukerji

Reaction score
Hey PBGas

So I got to test it on my gig amp this weekend. No noise so far. Stayed pretty silent and the setup and tear down was a welcome change from my previous setup !

Happy with it !