New Pickup Day! 56K = Patience Young Grasshopper

ohio_eric

Contributor
Reaction score
Disclaimer: This is not nor does it claim to be a pic story. It is merely my new toys. Which Leon will soon be helping me install. In guitar tech work Leon is to Eric as Drew is to Chris. :leon:

And way we go.

1314486c268cdbe7b.jpg

Here's the bridge humbucker-sized P-90 I got from Vintage Vibe.

1314486c268d292c6.jpg

Here's the one for the neck. I'm excited to here these things. I'm really looking to liven up the Blackjack and give more of a snotty Les Paul Jr vibe. It's not that the Duncans in it are bad I just wnated something livlier and snottier sounding.

1314486c268d5f5a2.jpg

Here's a family pic with the new 3 way switch that will also be going in.

1314486c268e37015.jpg

Here's some backside shots of these beasts. They both have two magnets and really wide bobbins is why they sound so fat and crunchy.

1314486c268dc2713.jpg

Speaking of magnets here's the spares that VVG gives you to swap out if you feel like experimenting. :yesway:

1314486c268d92d9d.jpg

Hey looky here!! Blackouts for the Loomis!! :metal:

Blackout?

:idea:

SCORPIONS BREAK!!!!!!!!!!

:hbang:

Expect more once I get these bad boys installed.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ohio_eric

Contributor
Reaction score
No the Blackouts are. The P-90s are bound for my Blackjack.

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
P90s ftw!!! I want some hum-canceling ones at some point to stick in some random guitar

ohio_eric

Contributor
Reaction score
I forgot to mention and I suck for not mentioning it, that the Vintage Vibe pickups took all of six days to get. I got pickups wound how I wanted in six days. That's from placing the order to arriving at my house. That's awesome service.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
I forgot to mention and I suck for not mentioning it, that the Vintage Vibe pickups took all of six days to get. I got pickups wound how I wanted in six days. That's from placing the order to arriving at my house. That's awesome service.

That is pretty killer man! :yesway: Never heard of that company before (and I love P90s!) so I'll have to check them out. Let us know how they sound too! :wub:

ohio_eric

Contributor
Reaction score
That is pretty killer man! :yesway: Never heard of that company before (and I love P90s!) so I'll have to check them out. Let us know how they sound too! :wub:

As soon as they are in I shall post impressions and eventually a full review. Pete at Vintage Vibe was awesome to deal with he makes all sorts of seven string pickups like strat and tele style singles and other interesting designs.

ohio_eric

Contributor
Reaction score
Just a brief update.

I have them in and have gotten to play them briefly and so far they are exactly what I wanted. They sound divine clean and sound big and fat when dirty. I like them a lot so far. :D