New pickup day!

Reaction score
a few months ago i got my first 7, the RG7321, and have always been thinking about pickups to put in it, but never had the cash. but then my band won a 50 dollar gift card to a music shop, and they said i could use it towards my pickup, so i decided on the dimarzio d sonic.

Photo7-1.jpg

i took it to my bassist's house since he and his dad are good with electronics, and with some difficulty, we were able to install it in the guitar. the color looks awesome

Photo8-2.jpg

after plugging it into my podxt, the first thing i noticed was a good amount more hiss than the stock pickup, which i wasnt expecting, but it's manageable, and isn't really a problem at all when i use the right settings and play the guitar not facing directly at the speakers. the sound of the pickup is very djenty, with a certain bite to it. it's got a good clear sound, and by adjusting the pickup height, you can make it go from a medium output, really defined sound, to a slightly higher output with more grind. i can't really say much since i have yet to try it out through (or own) a real rig, but i like its clarity. next time i change strings, i'm gonna try unscrewing the pickup and putting it back in with the bar towards the bridge and maybe it'll sound even better.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Apophis

Banned
Reaction score
Congrats !!!!

I heard only good things about that pickups :agreed:

dark_slayer

Reaction score
Yea I just ordered a D Sonic 7 last night to go in my Washburn WM7. I here its a very nice pickup. They say it sounds tighter with more attack with the bar towards the bridge. Gratz

Reaction score
i have a question now. do you think it would be possible, next time i change strings, to unscrew the pickup and put it back in facing the other direction, just to see what the bar towards the bridge would sound like?

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
I would check your ground. The D-Sonic should be pretty darn quiet. If you left enough lead, yes you can just unscrew the pickup and flip it. I like the bar towards the neck for 6ers, but the bar towards the bridge on 7's.

')