New Pickups Installed - PRS SE CU24-7

• Thread starter anthonylbest
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

anthonylbest

Guitarist, Youtuber, Collector
Reaction score
I just dropped a set of BK Nailbombs in my CU24-7. Sound awesome and look awesome.

The pickups themselves are a very tight fit and had to be filed a bit, and the neck pick up is still super tight in the ring.

Anyone have issues getting pickups from BK or anyone into the CU24-7????

IMG_0091_zpscq9gyxwc.jpg

IMG_0090_zpsn2midhky.jpg

IMG_0089_zpsrfzbmywv.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
Looks great. I really liked the SE7 I played and am always thinking of picking one up.

celticelk

Reaction score
I had a similar issue getting covered BKPs into my Schecter Jazz-7. I think pickup routes on 7s just assume uncovered pickups.

Looks great, BTW!

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score
very cool!
would love to hear sound clips or review of the pickups once you've had some time playing with them.

anthonylbest

Reaction score
Pictures fixed.

I will work on some sound clips soon. I am considering 2 other mods. Hipshot tuners and bridge. Anyone have info on how easy these installs are? I have seen some posts on the hipshot bridge that said "only need 3 holes drilled". As for the tuners, they don't line up I know for existing set pin, but I somehow seem to prefer these (open back) over the mini Schallers.

Any advice would be helpful.

gujukal

Reaction score
How did you file the pickups? Did you just file the edge of the corner? Looks sweet btw :)

js75

Reaction score
I have a nailbomb in the bridge of my se 7 as well.It sounds killer.I wanna switch out my bridge and tuners with hipshot stuff as well.Keep us posted.Nice guitar,I have the vintage sunburst.

anthonylbest

Reaction score
I just put in my hipshot tuners... and omg what a f'n difference. This guitar is now a BEAST!!!!!! I have a riff I am working on. Once i find a drum beat I am going to start doing some samples in PT. I also went to Diadario 64-11 strings which i am sure also helped. The hipshot tuner accepts up to an 80!

')