New plugin from Neural DSP! Archetype: Plini

• Thread starter Kaura
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

binz

Reaction score
Not just concerning the plini plug-in, but is there a pool of pre sets / possibility to share them? For me the availability of good presets is a main argument for an amp sim as I am the worst at dialing in anything useful.

Kaura

Je suis ketchup
Reaction score
Not just concerning the plini plug-in, but is there a pool of pre sets / possibility to share them? For me the availability of good presets is a main argument for an amp sim as I am the worst at dialing in anything useful.

Yeah, all three (or four if you include the Darkglass Ultra plugin) have presets made by different players, although the Archetype only has 16 presets made by Plini (at least so far since there is an icon for "artist" presets but it's whited out) but that's more than enough, imo since they're all highly useable. And yes, you can share them by simply sharing the preset file as each preset creates its own file.

binz

Reaction score
I guess what I meant was more a hub / central website where people can upload and share files. Does something like that exist (yet)?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

wakjob

Reaction score
I guess what I meant was more a hub / central website where people can upload and share files. Does something like that exist (yet)?

No need from what I've seen so far.
This dude had some killer sounds in about 1 minute.

scottbeckman

Guitarist @ Lightswarm
Reaction score
While I don't know of a market/hub for user-created presets, I'd argue that all the Neural VSTs come with enough badass presets that I can't imagine you'd need more. Nameless in particular comes with a boatload of presets, far more than the others.

Kaura

Je suis ketchup
Reaction score
Yeah, the presets included are more than enough to get started and the thing is that all these plugins sound so good that it's difficult to make them sound awful. Even Ola (Englund) said in his demo video that no matter how you turn the knobs, it still sounds pleasant to ears.

scottbeckman

Guitarist @ Lightswarm
Reaction score
Every time I try to edit the presets to make an original tone, I end up a/b testing it with the preset and so far, my version has not once won out over the preset. The most I edit the settings now is adjusting the noise gate.

binz

Reaction score
Actually for the nameless (I tried the trial) I liked the default settings best over all the presets :D
A hub would be a nice idea anyway I think, even if there are plenty of good ones already included.

gunch

digidun digidun wakka wakka skree
Reaction score
So has anyone come out and said what the crunch and hi gain channels are based on yet, I’ve heard recto and Friedman BE so far

C_Henderson

Reaction score
So has anyone come out and said what the crunch and hi gain channels are based on yet, I’ve heard recto and Friedman BE so far

Plini said the clean is a mix of Fender and Dumble, the crunch is based on the Friedman BE, and the high gain is a mix of the HBE and a 5150.

ChugThisBoy

Reaction score
I downloaded the trial version and clean/crunch amps sounds amazing but I have some troubles with getting decent tones from the Lead amp. Also the noise gate isn't very good to me and can be improved for sure. If I wasn't broke all the time I'd definitely buy it.

Deadpool_25

Gearwhore no more? Nope. Still a gearwhore. :(
Reaction score
Downloaded the trial and messed around with the standalone version. Definitely inspiring to play. It also looks beautiful and seems quite easy to use. I was using an old M-Audio M-Track interface which is probably terrible—I bought it for something else and that’s the first time I used it as a guitar interface. Actually, now that I think about it, I think that’s the first time I ever played through my computer lol.

I’m tempted to buy the plugin since I’m a bit of a Plini fanboy but I don’t know if there’s any point. I don’t record and can get sounds just as satisfying, if not more so, using my real amps and effects.

Metropolis

Reaction score
I downloaded the trial version and clean/crunch amps sounds amazing but I have some troubles with getting decent tones from the Lead amp. Also the noise gate isn't very good to me and can be improved for sure. If I wasn't broke all the time I'd definitely buy it.

Lead tones are pretty easy because it's like a tamed 5150 with less high end and more low mids. Rhythm needs more shaping in those areas, at least with my setup. More 4-16k with graphic EQ inside plugin, maybe little bit off from low mids, low/hi-pass after plugin along with multiband compression and saturation. For extreme metal or any form of metal which needs sharper tones I would take Nameless or NTS over this one.

Last edited:

Doug Castro

Reaction score

We're working on an in-app cloud platform to effortlessly share, and access presets.
Still, a few months to go, but it is something that I've placed at a high priority to my engineers.

Ericjutsu

Reaction score
This ampsim is really nice to play through. I really like the feel of it. That's one thing that I find lacking sometimes in software amp sims. The cleans and lead sounds are amazing. I really like FX, including the compressor. The graphic EQ is a nice touch as well. If I wasn't broke right now I would definitely buy it. It would be awesome if chorus was added at some point. This sounds so much better than the Toneforge Misha Mansoor plugin that I paid 150 bucks for. Neural DSP are killing it with their products. They are right up there with the high end modelling units. I like the idea of having artist signature releases like this one.

Flappydoodle

Reaction score
Just downloaded the trial versions of the NTS, Nameless, and Plini, and all of them kick a ton of ass. It's going to be tough to choose between them, though I'm leaning Plini because of the FX and dedicated clean/crunch amps. Still, the NTS and Nameless have absolutely devastating rhythm tones that it's going to be hard to pass on. Might have to get all 3.

IF I had to pick one, it would be NTS I think. The most versatile for sure. The rhythm tones can be almost as brutal as the Nameless. And you can get decent cleans and juicy lead sounds too. FX are a nice bonus but they can easily be added in the DAW.

Deadpool_25

Gearwhore no more? Nope. Still a gearwhore. :(
Reaction score
This plugin is so good it inspired me to rebuild a new real amp rig. So tasty.

Latest posts