New Polyphia Sig Dimarzio's

• Thread starter AkiraSpectrum
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Avedas

Reaction score
I am intrigued by the single coils in both guitars. I'm just waiting on the right guitar with an HSS or HS configuration for me to acquire.

I don't understand why everyone keeps comparing them to Chon or someone else and saying "X did it better". I never got into Chon like I have these guys. I prefer Yvette Young over Chon as well.
I find them all kinda boring unless it's background music, but This Town Needs Guns kicks ass for that genre.
The notorious bridge is only a mini bucker.

Also I get triggered when sigs don’t come as a full set.
Didn't the Merrow Fluence also just come with a regular classic neck? I don't know if they adjust the "artist markup" price to account for that, but it does seem a little silly when a signature set isn't actually a set.

Strobe

Reaction score
It's not a set, but raise your hand if you play a guitar with a mini-H / S / S configuration. It's a weird pickup configuration. For that reason, it's obvious why they would not sell them as a set. Most people would pick and choose. Given how uncommon mini-humbuckers are, I suspect the single coils are going to sell a lot better.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

diagrammatiks

Reaction score
It's not a set, but raise your hand if you play a guitar with a mini-H / S / S configuration. It's a weird pickup configuration. For that reason, it's obvious why they would not sell them as a set. Most people would pick and choose. Given how uncommon mini-humbuckers are, I suspect the single coils are going to sell a lot better.

Nooooo

The one guys thing is a set.

It’s a mini bucker and 2 single coils. That’s cool. You can buy it as a set or individual whatever. And his guitar uses a pickguard so you can use the mini bucker.

The other dude is just a bridge.

Y u no have special neck dude.

MerlinTKD

EIght.Fold.Path / Hinge Theory
Contributor
Reaction score
Eek. All I can say is, when your audience can't tell if you're joking, it's not a good thing. 'Entitled white kids whose parents have money' is enough of a real thing, maybe it's not a good persona to put on? They're great players, but these vids made me want to avoid everything about them.

Which is too bad. That 'mini hum' is actually pretty cool.

Legion

Slightly cynical, mostly okay, completely drunk.
Reaction score
Eek. All I can say is, when your audience can't tell if you're joking, it's not a good thing. 'Entitled white kids whose parents have money' is enough of a real thing, maybe it's not a good persona to put on? They're great players, but these vids made me want to avoid everything about them.

This.

Defyantly

Aspiring Builder
Reaction score

Best thing about their music is its all instrumental (some voice clips but no vocals) so you can just listen to them play and not have to deal with them.

nyxzz

Reaction score

Although it looks like this now, that is not the case at all. They aren't rich kids, they didn't start getting remotely nice stuff until they got with Ibanez, any other gear you see in videos they borrowed. I like some Polyphia stuff and saw them live with Chon last year, they're phenomenal musicians and put on a great show the crowd loved, though I definitely like Chon better composition wise and personality wise and do agree their schtick now is over the top, they're trying to riff off of hip hop bling culture perhaps semi seriously.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
Woah, I was reading this thread on my phone and immediately thought you guys were exaggerating a bit. So much negativity, derogatory comments and all.

Then I watched the videos... :spock:

7 Strings of Hate

Mid-Level Asshole
Contributor
Reaction score
If any of you have supported either one of these people monetarily in anyway whatsoever I hope you get a really bad cold. I mean I won’t wish death on you but these two guys seem like complete fucking assholes. And by now pretty much any pick up you want is already been made so I wish they would quit With the signature pick ups.

noise in my mind

Reaction score
If any of you have supported either one of these people monetarily in anyway whatsoever I hope you get a really bad cold. I mean I won’t wish death on you but these two guys seem like complete fucking assholes. And by now pretty much any pick up you want is already been made so I wish they would quit With the signature pick ups.

What if you like their gear but not their music? I buy stuff because I like the gear and not necessarily the artist.

couverdure

No Gear Day
Reaction score
This thread
giphy.gif

GunpointMetal

Reaction score
I used to hate them, then I grew up and realised they're just fooling around. I mean shouldn't we all be happy instrumental guitar music is getting some mainstream exposure?
Isn't this kinda like being a lyrical hip hop fan and someone saying "Hey, at least the music is getting some exposure." to a new mumble rap track that's blowing up? lol